Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just heard a disterbing rumor about ox. I know they haven't had any product for the last 5-6 months but I just heard that they closed up and shut the doors. Anyone else hear this? If so quite a few people are fuked including myself.

·
Registered
636 Posts
that would be horrible! Hope its not true.:(

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Bgcj5 said:
Well I just heard a disterbing rumor about ox. I know they haven't had any product for the last 5-6 months but I just heard that they closed up and shut the doors. Anyone else hear this? If so quite a few people are fuked including myself.
dont you have an 800 number to call if something goes wrong? if so, give them a call.................

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
To be honest, It wouldn't surprise me if they did shut down. I've heard they have had problems with the OX, and it doesn't seem to me that thier are a whole lot of people buying them.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Maybe they will at least do the smart thing and sell their locker rights to someone who can use it...

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
BillaVista said:
Agree with DRM (ouch;) )

I can't imagine it was so much of a product problem as a business problem

From what I have heard on here, it sounds like a few minor product problems on top of some business problems and that can bring a business down pretty hard :(

·
Premium Member
3,297 Posts
thank god no more OX JUNK :flipoff2: and to those that bought that shit :D :flipoff2: that will teach you not to trust ARB

·
Registered
566 Posts
Too bad ...the idea of a mechanical, selctable locker is really apealing to me. Like DRM said, hopefully they will sell the rights to the ox to someone who can work out the bugs, keep it in the market and be reasonable with price....I'm dreaming:zzz:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
GearMan said:
thank god no more OX JUNK :flipoff2: and to those that bought that shit :D :flipoff2: that will teach you not to trust ARB
couldn't have said it better. :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Last I heard they were bought out by someone with very very very very very deep pockets and are re-working the whole business.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Medicineman said:
Rumors don't do anybody any good, How bout some FACTS:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Eugene
This is POR, they don't let the facts get in the way:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Josh83 said:
Last I heard they were bought out by someone with very very very very very deep pockets and are re-working the whole business.

And who might this deep pocketed lover of dogs with fleas,.be.:rolleyes:

Everything about OX has been done with smoke and mirrors. They always seem to have some secret testing going on, or some secret results, or some secret investor, some new up comming product at some soon to be announced secret date. They are the biggest joke of a product since the Pet Rock.

I hope, if they did secure some Daddy Warbucks chump to bail them out, that they will do more than lip service, to prove and test the reliabilty of their products before selling them to the public this time around.

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
H8monday said:

Everything about OX has been done with smoke and mirrors. They always seem to have some secret testing going on, or some secret results, or some secret investor, some new up comming product at some soon to be announced secret date. They are the biggest joke of a product since the Pet Rock.

I hope, if they did secure some Daddy Warbucks chump to bail them out, that they will do more than lip service, to prove and test the reliabilty of their products before selling them to the public this time around.
I couldn't agree more my friend, couldn't agree more. Even if they do revamp the whole business, I wouldn't buy from em.
Scott

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
GearMan said:
AMEN!!!!!

I did one in a TJ for a guy, what a flippen joke!!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
crash said:

AMEN!!!!!

I did one in a TJ for a guy, what a flippen joke!!
Ok Crash, Since I respect your opinion [don't know why:D] tell me what's the problem with them? I only know one guy with one in his 30 and he loved it:D I wheeled the con with him, and it worked flawlesly that trip.so ed-ja-ma-kate us;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
SeaBass44 said:

Ok Crash, Since I respect your opinion [don't know why:D] tell me what's the problem with them? I only know one guy with one in his 30 and he loved it:D I wheeled the con with him, and it worked flawlesly that trip.so ed-ja-ma-kate us;)
Same here, all of the first hand experiences I've heard (not on the net) have been positive. So what's the dealio??

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I had problems with my OX junk. I called them and talked to the Lax guy(guess he is the big shot) and we worked it all out. The outcome was he said he would ship me a new locker b/c mine had some defect in it. I talked to him in Nov. and he said he would ship a new unit as soon as his new production was live in January. Needless to say, I never got a new locker. So, :flipoff2: Ox.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
H8monday said:

Kinda why I was hoping someone bought them out - fresh input, fresh ideas, global change ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts