Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it take to run 37's on a cherokee I saw some pics of Cherokees runnin 37's and they look sweet!!! I want to start a build and get to run 37's. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
So you want 37's because the "look good" ???!! What are you gonna use this XJ for? Pickin' up ladies at the mall? rockcrawlin? muddin?

What is the current status of your Cherokee? How much money do you have? what type of fab skills do you have?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So you want 37's because the "look good" ???!! What are you gonna use this XJ for? Pickin' up ladies at the mall? rockcrawlin? muddin?

What is the current status of your Cherokee? How much money do you have? what type of fab skills do you have?
Let me guess:
Rusty
Not much
None

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Let me guess:
Rusty
Not much
None

I'm guessing he has one of these....:shaking:

Look at the top of the page and read the post that says "Read This Before Posting"

I think your boat has came in...:homer:

Get a clue...

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Officially flamed

What does it take to run 37's on a cherokee I saw some pics of Cherokees runnin 37's and they look sweet!!! I want to start a build and get to run 37's. Thanks
I am afraid you have been officially flamed. May want to check out the non- hardcore jeep thread.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am afraid you have been officially flamed. May want to check out the non- hardcore jeep thread.
Wow a newbie that know this post needed to be flamed. You might be a keeper. :flipoff2:

The original poster better start with a flame suit and grow a thick skin.:nuke:

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
How about a more technical question. How much to move the front axle forward to stay low and run 37's?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
How about a more technical question. How much to move the front axle forward to stay low and run 37's?
Best thing would be to start a new topic instead of hijacking a lame ass thread.

How much are your fenders cut? What backspacing and width are the rims? How wide are the tires? What driveline are you running? How wide are the axles? What type of suspension are you planning on using? How much up travel do you want in your build.

It depends on a bunch of other factors. Mine would fit in the stock postion or 1" forward for 39"tires. My inner wheelwells are huge compared to stock.

Start a new post with some details when you ask your question so you get a more accurate answer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
since asking a general question on the Cherokee forum was apparently wrong.. and you have to be hardcore to ask on that forum, here is pic of what I want to build. I have a 91XJ with a 3inch rubicon express lift adn 31's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
To be fair it does say in the forum mission statement that the Cherokee forum is a "college level forum. Don't ask about elementary or high school stuff here." I'd say your question falls into the elementary category.

The Cherokee people are right, the sawzall is definitely your friend. There's some tricks to cut the fenders and maintain strength. Here's a good link I'm studying. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm

Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to identify the lift he's running. I'm guessing around 8" but I'm most likely wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts