Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I want to run the new cage through the dash yet still have it removable (the cage). I did a search and didn't find anything so what have you guys done? I could do a sandwich plate on the dash, but 1, that would be fugly and 2 that would be fugly! Suggestions? Pics?

-Jack

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I tried to do this on my Scout II, didn't have the time to do it so I had to skip it. I was going to notch the dash and run the bar tight to the windshield frame. Bring the bar down behind the dash and tie the dash supports into the bar. This would allow the dash to be removed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I did this to the TJ cage I just built. Instead of welding the front tubes directly to the foot plates I welded another piece of tube that would snuggly fit inside of the 1.75x.120 cage to the footplate and then ran a bolt between the both of them. This way I can pull the cage straight up out of the dash when ever I want. I hope this made sence :D

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
jdjanda said:
I tried to do this on my Scout II, didn't have the time to do it so I had to skip it. I was going to notch the dash and run the bar tight to the windshield frame. Bring the bar down behind the dash and tie the dash supports into the bar. This would allow the dash to be removed.

I'll show you what it looks like when its done jdjanda :D

course, that probably won't be till after the wedding.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you think you're going to get something done after the wedding? :rolleyes: Hell, you'll be lucky if you get to keep your rig.

Son, we need to talk...

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
but... but... but....

she LIKES my rig(s).... wants one of her own....

or atleast she says so :eek:

(I didn't meen RIGHT after the weding... got.... "other plans"....)

:D :D

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry to have to be the first to tell you this, but you know how you tell her things like she's beautiful in the morning and you like her friends and such... Yeah, you guessed it. It's all an act. You're done my friend. Cancel Christmas. You might want to end a hard day like this one with a Mike's Hard Iced Tea...

-Jack

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
RustoleumWhite said:
but... but... but....

she LIKES my rig(s).... wants one of her own....

or atleast she says so :eek:

(I didn't meen RIGHT after the weding... got.... "other plans"....)

:D :D
Dude your screwed, remember the treat you get on your b-day? Sorry to tell you, no more, nada, zip, zero

·
Registered
561 Posts
On the radio station here, when they talk to a guy about to get married, their suggestion.....

"buy everything YOU want NOW!"

:D

Chuck

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Make sure shes the one...... and then let her know that she needs to work...

I hate to say it, but if your woman don't work you will never have enough money to buy parts unless you make a fawking real good living.

(tip number one) no job: lots of time , time to got to the mall, time to go shopping, time to go out and buy lunch with freinds, time to do lots of money spending. while your work all day every day. but never enough time to have the house spotless. Time for her business endevers that you pay for and she looses money on. time to eat and get fat....
Make sure she has a good job and works just as much as you do. that way when your both off work, its play time for both of you...
Make sure before you get married, read above posts advice... Divorce is painfull and the wallet hurts for a long long time..

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
uhhh guys, not to be a party pooper, but one of you muthas have the cage running through the dash?

-Jack

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Why make it removeable? I've seen under that dash of yours, you'll never get it out of that web of wires! Just weld it in, through the dash, directly to the frame.

·
Registered
433 Posts
IronBenderII said:
uhhh guys, not to be a party pooper, but one of you muthas have the cage running through the dash?

-Jack
LOL I was thinking just that... and why couldn't ya use a poly bushing or such to create a "speration point"? Regardless you find a good way lemme know as I have to do the same thing on the new rig, and I have no other good ideas besides the seemingly lame one I just posted.

Thanks
NoRM

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man, bustin my balls...

The web of wires is being re-done. I'm moving the glove box over and putting a piece of sheetmetal back there to mount all of the solenoids and fuses to. Should be really clean.

·
Registered
561 Posts
How about finding the right diameter tube that'll fit inside the tube you're running for the cage, cut a piece that you can weld inside the lower section (below or behind the dash) and leave a few inches sticking out for the upper part of the cage to slip over. Drill a hole thru the upper part and the inner sleeve, and install a pin or bolt.

Hope that makes sense. LOL!

Chuck

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That seems to be the best way to do it. That's probably what I'll end up doing. I certainly want the cage removable...

-Jack

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
IronBenderII said:
That seems to be the best way to do it. That's probably what I'll end up doing. I certainly want the cage removable...

-Jack
Your going to trust a pin and bolt to hold the front hoop together? No thank you, no way to run a sold bar down behind the dash or is the goal to be able to remove the cage without pulling the dash?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts