Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, i searched, so suck it :flipoff2:

anyhow, off the bottom to about 3-4000 rpms my zuki is running like crap. it feels like its loading up. I sprayed the fawk out of it with carb cleaner, replaced the airfilter and fuel filter. it was just tuned up 3 months ago and i set the valve lash today. At my work we through it on the smog machine and it seems to be running lean. This has came on very slowly, it was starting to spudder a bit every now and then at hwy speed (4.5-5000rpms). now it runs like crap all the time. any ideas or help would be great.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could be your float in the carb. I did a rebuild kit on my Original Carb, messed up the float setting and couldnt get the zuk to run well at all, it was worse then when I started. So I just bought another carb. That fixed it.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Fuel
Air
Fire

Has to be one of those three.

Morew inclined to the fuel air mix.

It's that time of year, Fawking cold.
The choke setting could be your culprit.

Mine doesn't run well when it's cold and damp.
The damp seems to effect it the most.

Some hills require downshifts on damp mornings, that don't on "crisp" dry mornings.

Mine is just funny like that.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Stock carb

Runs like crap until the secondary opens maybe? Clogged jet on the main - seems like the bad float wouldn't get better at high rpm.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
SilverZuk said:
Fuel
Air
Fire

Has to be one of those three.

Morew inclined to the fuel air mix.

It's that time of year, Fawking cold.
The choke setting could be your culprit.

Mine doesn't run well when it's cold and damp.
The damp seems to effect it the most.

Some hills require downshifts on damp mornings, that don't on "crisp" dry mornings.

Mine is just funny like that.
I agree with this....if its running lean richen the carb up a little. If the choke was sticking closed, you would be running richer not leaner.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the choke is working great. any of you guys done the efi conversion on the 1.3 (not intereted in putting ANOTHER motor in this yet)? also, any luck on carb rebuilds?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right on, anyone got one laying around from a motor swap?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts