Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If there is any snow there won't be too much left, it will be in the trees and high peeks. As far as weather this time of year, you should be ok with pants and sweatshirt for night time, however watch the weather reports, because there might be a chance of rain this weekend. Thundershowers are always a possibility!! Just be prepared. Other than that the trail should be fine!

·
Registered
306 Posts
i was up there this weekend, not much snow but GAWD DAMN it was cold. it was cold during the day7 and just got colder at night. have fun and remember, tread lightly and "pack it in, pack it out"

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMUZ ME said:
If there is any snow there won't be too much left, it will be in the trees and high peeks. As far as weather this time of year, you should be ok with pants and sweatshirt for night time, however watch the weather reports, because there might be a chance of rain this weekend. Thundershowers are always a possibility!! Just be prepared. Other than that the trail should be fine!
Rain the weekend that I'm going up or this last weekend?

·
pimping sparks&smoke
706 Posts
I will be there from the 23rd to the 25th. we are coming in from Tahoe running out to Gatekeeper & back out. We will be camping at Buck for both nights *I think*. The group will consist of my buggy, a SAS'd Tundra, SAS's 3rd gen 4runner, and another 3rd gen 4runner. Should be an interesting run with this group- none of them have ever been through. The weather better be nice!!!
Richard

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I would not expect the weather to be on our side. i will also be up there running wentworth to tahoe with about 6 other rigs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
15-17

We went from the Loon Lake side to Tahoe June 15, 16 and 17th. Got lucky with the weather warm both days and nights front started moving in as we got off the trail.

There are still large drifts on the tahoe side added a good 3 to 4 hours on that part of the trip. Big thing was deep water we ran the trail with 6 rigs 2 with 35's and the rest with 33's. The water on one hole was over the 35's, we aired up the 33's and all made it through.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're gunna cry about a little rain then I dont want to be up there with you :flipoff2: I see no pm for me. It is supposted to rain 24&25

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Went up there yesterday to the box and back out. No snow at all, the weather was probably in the high 60's. sweetshirt and pants. Were thinking about going in Sat night, mabey see ya up there :beer:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can you get in at loon lake?? The spill way isn't to high, is it? I had some conflicting reports.. Going this weekend ad just wanted to know witch way to go.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
im going loon on thursday. i went in there on memorial and was fine. shoul be fine

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Twisted Dog said:
Can you get in at loon lake?? The spill way isn't to high, is it? I had some conflicting reports.. Going this weekend ad just wanted to know witch way to go.
Thanks
The spillway is NOt overflowing. There are no new warnings of it doing so either. The snow melt is about done for the year, so I would not expect to see another. On top of that, Buck Island is several feet lower as of 6/19, giving more room for capacity.

Scott

·
Registered
93 Posts
So just how many people will be up there 24-26

I was just wondering, cause Goingoffroading and I and a few others will be up there, just wanted to know how busy it will be. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Boonie Bouncers will be up there Saturday and running up to Tahoe side,
I have read on a few boards about a few other clubs going up, and I believe the FOTR will be up there working on the Kiosk. . .
and a few other stragglers like myself will be up there :grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts