Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
My wife got me one for Christmas. You're paying a little bit for a collector's item I suppose but they're fucking tack drivers and ammo is cheap.

100 yard group with Sellier & Bellot 180gr SP

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
My wife got me one for Christmas. You're paying a little bit for a collector's item I suppose but they're fucking tack drivers and ammo is cheap.

100 yard group with Sellier & Bellot 180gr SP

Yep, collector items.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So i'd be paying $400 extra for a scope and it being called a sniper rifle.

I still want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
So i'd be paying $400 extra for a scope and it being called a sniper rifle.

I still want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It IS an original sniper rifle with orig. scope..

And its high on my want list also.. Gotta buy a few more evil assault rifles first though.

·
Registered
VerticalScope Sucks
22,734 Posts
I don't understand the extra price either. I see them up here for $600-650 all the time, with some 'pristine' (I guess collectable) examples for up to about $900.

Is the sniper variant really any different other than it has a scope?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't understand the extra price either. I see them up here for $600-650 all the time, with some 'pristine' (I guess collectable) examples for up to about $900.

Is the sniper variant really any different other than it has a scope?
The bolt handle is curved, and the rifle was 'hand selected' years ago as one of the better ones.

I want one, probably will own one soon. Higher buy-in, but also higher accuracy and higher selling price if you want to get rid of it

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
The rifles at AIM surplus are not actual Mosin snipers, they are acurate reproductions. That is not to say that it won't be a great shooter, and it's worth what they're asking for it. Legitimate numbers-matching Mosin sniper rifles were starting at around $900 before all of the recent panic gun-buying.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
The rifles at AIM surplus are not actual Mosin snipers, they are acurate reproductions. That is not to say that it won't be a great shooter, and it's worth what they're asking for it. Legitimate numbers-matching Mosin sniper rifles were starting at around $900 before all of the recent panic gun-buying.
They're the real deal but have been rearsenaled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mosin Nagant Scope Kit

An AimSports 2-7x32B scout scope with mount and rings is available for $92 prepaid to any US address from Ronhart International in Colorado. The "no-gunsmith" Picatinny rail mount replaces the rear sight and bolts into the rear sight base. Get photos and info from: [email protected]

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was pretty close to ordering one of the last batch they got in.. But then I saw one of the repro versions at the local gun store. I could not get a cheek weld. Just couldn't get comfortable on it. So, nevermind. :)

AIM's are real. WWII rifle, WWII scope, WWII mount. But they may not be exactly as they were in 1945. I think you would be hard pressed to explain why it's not "authentic". Sure they've been rearsenalled. Could have been in 1946 or 2006. No way to really know.

-Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts