Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Fuck even I know that the reason for the South American launch site is to allow the satellite to take off from the equator. By launching from the equator the rocket gains free speed from the spinning of the earth. You can launch bigger payloads from the equator than from the cape with the same size rocket. Surprised it took so long for someone to mention that. The pbb is slacking.
This man tells the truth.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Fuck even I know that the reason for the South American launch site is to allow the satellite to take off from the equator. By launching from the equator the rocket gains free speed from the spinning of the earth. You can launch bigger payloads from the equator than from the cape with the same size rocket. Surprised it took so long for someone to mention that. The pbb is slacking.
Did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok because clearly you are too fucking stupid to understand reality (big surprise considering your past here)

No US manufacture makes a civilian market plane big enough, that is economical enough, to carry the product... PERIOD.

But omg its Russian, whatever will we do.

FUCK you need to step in front of a moving train. How your mother didn't tie you up in a burlap sack and toss your ass into a river as a baby I will never understand.
OP is a simpleton dumbass.
OP is a faggot.
this is what i instantly thought of :laughing:

dont tell OP, his head might explode

pretty sure most satellites launch out of russia using russian rockets :homer:
Wow , you seem to have a fan club. :laughing:

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
I'm not getting all the SpaceX hate here. Yes, Elon is a bit eccentric, but SpaceX has revolutionized the launch industry. Every satellite that goes up on a Falcon 9 vs an Atlas V is saving us our tax dollars. Don't even get me started on the SLS that NASA is ramming though.

1) Because SpaceX is not a viable option. At the rate they are hemorrhaging money they won't be around in 5 years (almost as fast as Tesla is)

2)There is, currently no viable private company in the US capable of putting our stuff in space. We are forced to go to other countries for this.

3)musk is a fucking moron, who's only claim to fame is he can take credit for other peoples smarts, and sell good snake oil (just like that fuck Jobs was)

·
Registered
38,234 Posts
1) Because SpaceX is not a viable option. At the rate they are hemorrhaging money they won't be around in 5 years (almost as fast as Tesla is)

2)There is, currently no viable private company in the US capable of putting our stuff in space. We are forced to go to other countries for this.

3)musk is a fucking moron, who's only claim to fame is he can take credit for other peoples smarts, and sell good snake oil (just like that fuck Jobs was)
You are just adorable, you know that? :laughing:

·
Registered
5,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,847 Posts
By launching from the equator the rocket gains free speed from the spinning of the earth. You can launch bigger payloads from the equator than from the cape with the same size rocket. Surprised it took so long for someone to mention that. The pbb is slacking.
So, by bus, on a treadmill. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I know but it is impressive to see it in person. I told that picture in Pago Pago when it stopped over for fuel a few months ago.
I've seen the little one at KCI a couple of times. Hard to miss, the tail sticks up above the terminal. It makes all the other planes look small. When they take off they go right over our house, the thing doesn't look like it should be flying its so big.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Which makes the Russian rocket program that much more impressive. All their launch sites are pretty far north.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
Do you honestly think that fucking dipshit musk's company is a viable option, really?

If you do, you are far stupider than even actionfap is.
1) Boing

2) Ding

Tell ya what Yogi I'll put a Tesla against any Subaru in any drag race you can lather up. Drag race meaning acceleration, not clothing :flipoff2: Tesla is far more financially sound than GM or Subaru for that matter. :idea:

There are over 200,000 US preorders for the new 4x4 truck. Wait till the China models sell en masse. They will surpass Ford, GM and WTF they Call Chrysler now. Oh, and Subaru also. :laughing:

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
science has gone too far...
the story about how those got built at the santa barbara airport is pretty interesting.

basically guy took the NASA contract but didn't actually have aircraft.

Him and a bunch of not aeronautical engineer types built those things on the air port property.

IIRC the first one wasn't even built in a hanger as they hadn't yet built a hanger large enough for it.

then the next couple were built inside a big hanger purpose built.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the story about how those got built at the santa barbara airport is pretty interesting.

basically guy took the NASA contract but didn't actually have aircraft.

Him and a bunch of not aeronautical engineer types built those things on the air port property.

IIRC the first one wasn't even built in a hanger as they hadn't yet built a hanger large enough for it.

then the next couple were built inside a big hanger purpose built.
That's cool. I had to look it up. This part was interesting:

The first, the Super Guppy, or "SG", was built directly from the fuselage of a C-97J Turbo Stratocruiser, the military version of the 1950s Boeing 377 Stratocruiser passenger plane. The fuselage was lengthened to 141 feet (43 m), and ballooned out to a maximum inside diameter of 25 ft (7.6 m), the length of the cargo compartment being 94 ft 6 in (28.8 m). The floor of the cargo compartment was still only 8 ft 9 in (2.7 m) wide, as necessitated by the use of the Stratocruiser fuselage.
Here's what I think is the original:

81 - 100 of 148 Posts