Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Not sure where your located but looks like your shit could be my neighbor! In all honesty you could buy a stick of 2x5 or 2x4 and splice in the back half with some real steal! As long as the front half is worthy. And if you plan on a sas get 2 stick's and make a new frame ,arch it up a bit more in front . Use your original frame for measurements. I have been in your position before years ago and you will soon realize that you are throwing good money away. Looks like you don't have a lot of time in it yet.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Those look very interesting. My only concern would be long term. They will definitely work for the guy that wants to save his truck for a year or 2. Guessing it's a slip on type deal, from my past experience it won't last ad long as expected ,especially in the salt area. I would suggest block the truck up level . Set blocks up at the back of rails by bumper . Take the rear axle /springs out . Put your safety caps on and scribe the edge. Remove and cut all the old frame off , cut it heavy 1/16". Just take measurements before you cut and write them down. Take your time welding . I say this because with that repair piece you addin strength, but you are also creating a moisture sandwich with no possible way to under coat it . The best example is where the shocks mount , salt/sand get in there and no way to drain out. If you have any bodywork experience a good example would be any domestic truck with a rusty rocker. 25$ slip on rocker that the rotted nasty was not taken care of properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.