Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother gave me 400 rounds of Wolf in the steel cased 7.62x39 variety. The casing has some light surface rust.

Should I use it as is?

Don't use it?

Clean it? (how?)

I was going to clean them with the wire wheel and use it. Will I harm my SKS? or myself or any bystanders?

· Registered
9,734 Posts
I thought about this- but for 400 this will be time consuming. Can I use the wire wheel on the benchtop grinder?
I think I would draw the line at something that moves at 3500 rpm:flipoff2:

Flinging loaded ammo about the room could get exciting. Lots of pointy things in my shop. With my luck a flying cartrige would fly tail first into the horn of my anvil:nuke:

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I would draw the line at something that moves at 3500 rpm:flipoff2:

Flinging loaded ammo about the room could get exciting. Lots of pointy things in my shop. With my luck a flying cartrige would fly tail first into the horn of my anvil:nuke:

I did think about that as I cleaned about 60 of them this morning via wire wheel. I was careful to not let them get caught on a wire:).

In doing the cleaning I found two of them where the case was rusted so bad there was a hole in it- I did not fire those two!!

How do ya'all dispose of bad ammo? Take apart and burn the gun powder?? Throw in the trash? Throw them down range next time you are there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.