Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does rustys charge so much to ship? i need new track bar bushings ($10) and the shipping to california costs $23. doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I bought frt rear springs from them last week. Shipping was 23.25 per box. I put the reverse in my ups at work and it was 11.88. I don't know if ups is hosing them, or we are paying for the accoiated costs:boxes,time,invoices. All i know is that the are great to talk to, they know there stuff, and it always shows up fast. Lastly there prices are great,maybe that's the reason the shipping is higher.
STINK BUG IS RIGHT. THEY ARE A VENDOR HERE ON PIRATE. IF YOU THINK IT'S TOO MUCH, ASK HIM WHY. IT WON'T HURT HIS FEELINGS, AND HE WILL GIVE A HONEST ANSWER.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
A lot has to do with how their web site is set up. Mine runs everything through the UPS software based on weight. Generally it's pretty accurate, but sometimes screws up. A lot of site software doesn't work nearly as well. I'd be willing to bet if you actually called them and asked they would figure out what the actual shipping costs are and charge you that. I know that's what I'd do if someone called who was getting a really whacked out number from my site.

BTW, PJ. If you're running it through your work then you could be getting VERY different rates. Since I dont ship large volumes my prices are generally pretty close to retail. My uncle however works for a major corporation and can get next day air cheaper than I can get ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts