Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been googling this with very limited success.

I'm interested in removing the bed from my Quad cab Ram 2500 CTD and having an RV build out on the back. I've found a few websites for companies that do these....most want to sell you the whole truck. Others want $100k+ for conversions.

I'd be looking for something sub $20k to build out the back with a sturdy, permanent, off road capable camper that's not a pig POS slide in that falls apart the first time you get on dirt.

Any PBB'ers know of any companies in the southwest that do this kind of work?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
several companies make truck campers for flat beds and have way more room inside because they are wider at the base.. slap a flatbed on your truck and buy a flatbed camper and call it a day

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
I'd be looking for something sub $20k to build out the back with a sturdy, permanent, off road capable camper that's not a pig POS slide in that falls apart the first time you get on dirt.
The only way that is happening is if you DIY.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get an 8' box truck box, slap it on, and deck it out. Go to the tow rig section for idears
Thought about this....or a cab over Uhaul box. Think the issue I'd run into there is that I have a short bed....so I'd have to shorten it somehow.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
several companies make truck campers for flat beds and have way more room inside because they are wider at the base.. slap a flatbed on your truck and buy a flatbed camper and call it a day
Links? I am interested in this as my wife wants an RV and not a trailer anymore.

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
There is a place I drive by very regularly that the dude living there builds cool shit. He has a first gen Toyota on tons and 44" pitbulls, a 1 ton yj on 37's a 70ish 3/4 ton Chevy drag truck and a 71ish GMC dually can & chassis he dropped about a 24' dual axle 5th wheel on last year. He redid the sheetmetal around the drive tires so it looks seamless. I'll see if I can get a pic soon, it'll be dark when I drive by tonight.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts