Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Looks awesome!! but did I understand this right?

With the TIG out, I had this "t" welded for the merger of the two belt cooling lines. I made it huge with a Outerwear for lots of clean air. The fittings are a mix of aluminum tubing silicone fittings and cutting up the stock rear molded hose plus a tubing bead roller to ensure it all stays together without popping apart on the trail.

Do you mean you connected both belt cooling lines together? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding that. But if that's really what happened, that will have to be changed. One is intake, one is exhaust.

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looks awesome!! but did I understand this right?

With the TIG out, I had this "t" welded for the merger of the two belt cooling lines. I made it huge with a Outerwear for lots of clean air. The fittings are a mix of aluminum tubing silicone fittings and cutting up the stock rear molded hose plus a tubing bead roller to ensure it all stays together without popping apart on the trail.

Do you mean you connected both belt cooling lines together? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding that. But if that's really what happened, that will have to be changed. One is intake, one is exhaust.
2014 models had a single belt cooling intake, in 2015 Polaris released a modification for the belt cooling intake with a new cover and a molded rubber hose that added a second cooling intake that went to the same port on the driver's side plastic fender. The belt exhaust is separate and it blows air across the exhaust header toward the passenger side rear shock.

The 2016 belt cooling setup has changed again and I am not sure if it is back to a single inlet or if it still has two.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
2014 models had a single belt cooling intake, in 2015 Polaris released a modification for the belt cooling intake with a new cover and a molded rubber hose that added a second cooling intake that went to the same port on the driver's side plastic fender. The belt exhaust is separate and it blows air across the exhaust header toward the passenger side rear shock.

The 2016 belt cooling setup has changed again and I am not sure if it is back to a single inlet or if it still has two.
Thanks!

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
No more boring driveway shots for awhile! The reincarnated RZR took its first trip to Blanca Peak on Labor Day Weekend. Having a professional photographer along really improved the quality of the pictures and waiting for the Jeeps gave us time to play on the rocks! I'll shut up and let the pictures talk.

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
To celebrate the successful run I had to rip up some dust at the truck...while we waited for the Jeeps again:D

The Jeeps actually moved along pretty well until one of them had an electrical problem and had to be strapped from Jaws three all the way to the bottom. Manual steering and brakes with 35's all the way back down that mountain! Carnage for the RZRs wasn't bad with 2 bent radius rods and two bent lower a-arms between the two machines. High clearance parts are in the future!

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice work on that RZR. I'm doing quite a bit to my '15 XP1k and have taken a few notes.
If you have any questions let me know. I am about to build a new stretch chassis for mine with some suspension changes and then sell off the old chassis and bodywork once I move the parts over. Stay tuned

·
Registered
388 Posts
Lets talk mufflers...

I was hoping to hear good things about the Supertrapp as I have no experience with them. But you imply its a bit too loud?

I need to shed some weight, a lot of weight as my cagework, bed, bumpers have gotten to be more than I expected. And, some performance gains would be nice. But, I don't want to increase the sound level by too much more than the stock muffler. What are your thoughts on that flowmaster regarding the above?

Also, why did you choose to take your Supertrapp back to bending around the rear of the frame instead of pointing rearward as you first had it? With the addition of cage/bed to the rear of my RZR I'm considering a muffler that runs inline with the header straight out the back so I may use the area where the factory muffler once was for cargo/storage.

Made any progress on the stretch chassis?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just stumbled across this thread by accident and realized that you are a friend of mine's next door neighbor, small world I guess.

Cool RZR build, I'll have to send a link to my cousin. He has the RZR sickness too...

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Lets talk mufflers...

I was hoping to hear good things about the Supertrapp as I have no experience with them. But you imply its a bit too loud?

I need to shed some weight, a lot of weight as my cagework, bed, bumpers have gotten to be more than I expected. And, some performance gains would be nice. But, I don't want to increase the sound level by too much more than the stock muffler. What are your thoughts on that flowmaster regarding the above?

Also, why did you choose to take your Supertrapp back to bending around the rear of the frame instead of pointing rearward as you first had it? With the addition of cage/bed to the rear of my RZR I'm considering a muffler that runs inline with the header straight out the back so I may use the area where the factory muffler once was for cargo/storage.

Made any progress on the stretch chassis?
The supertrapp is good but it was too loud for me (2x stock by ear). The flowmaster is very close to the stock noise level but it has a slightly different sound. No weight savings with the flowmaster. Lots with the supertrapp but nothing compared to all the weight you have added. I changed course with the rear after I decided I didn't want any rear overhang so I had to turn the exhaust like stock. Straight back only works if you add at least a foot to the rear of the car.

No progress on a stretch yet. Still weighing options and one is to go super light weight single seater as the rest of the family has lost interest so it is back to me. Another option is trading for a Jeep. My cousin has one in the middle of a 5.3 swap that needs finishing and he likes the RZR and has driven it quite a bit. The current chassis is roll over proven from his last trip in it. 1-1/2 with no damage except a dent in the roof panel from a large rock. Stock cage and body would have been destroyed!

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I just purchased SuperATV gen 2 portals for the build and I have a four seater chassis core loaded on the jig to start on the new car. It will be a 2 seater on the long wheelbase chassis with a full cab and heater so I can run year round comfortably. Lots more parts to acquire and with a truck that is operational again, I should make good progress this winter. I will start a new thread for that build in a little while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 59 of 59 Posts