Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last week i decided to install the zexel torsen that i had bought. my friend and i both had very little experience with rear ends, and were going into the project basically with the basic instructions..unfortunately for me, i didnt bother to measure the backlash or any of that good stuff, and just swapped out the differentials. was an easy install, 2 hours tops. all was good and well until we decided to take it for a spin. this thing whines like a son of a bitsh. im almost positive its because of improper backlash. i had to beat the thing in place with a rubber mallet, therefore i think the ring gear is too tight against the pinion. been driving with it sparingly as i dont want to fuck anything up, but it is my daily driver. its an 89 S-10 Blazer 4wd 4.3l V6, any help on how to fix it would be appreciated. i got quotes from a few local shops for 4-10 hours of labor at $65 an hour. im not paying anyone 300+ to do this job, it aint worth it. once again, if you can help me out with some tips, i would appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts