Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some S-10 springs off a buddy for free, I think they are 56" or 57" couldnt make up my mind when I measured them, they are three leaf packs. Anyone running these in the rear of their Toy? Id imagine 2-3" blocks, some hangers and 6"-8" shackles would make them work pretty well. Anyone running these? Post pics and info if you do. I will post up once I have them hanging on the frame im building.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
way soft , and you will need to use a traction bar with them , oh SEARCH:flipoff2: read the F.A.Q.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
way soft , and you will need to use a traction bar with them , oh SEARCH:flipoff2: read the F.A.Q.
I use the FAQ everyday! I learned alot from this board through it :)

Forgot to mention I that I did do a search and found a couple threads but they were super old.. I should have explained that in my original post. Im wondering if anyones running them recently.

way soft = way good, bump stops if I have to, maybe some adjustable shocks instead of the poocomps I have now.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these the ones that mount under the axel? Which way do you plan on mounting them?
Il have to check on that. I plan on running them spring over axle of course. Will it hurt if they are meant to be run under the axle?

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
I run them on the back of my runner made new front hanger 5" forward and have 5.5 eye to eye shackle in stock location. Moved axle back 1.5" about 3" lift no blocks, hella soft.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run them on the back of my runner made new front hanger 5" forward and have 5.5 eye to eye shackle in stock location. Moved axle back 1.5" about 3" lift no blocks, hella soft.
Sounds good, hows the pinion angle? Would it be crap with longer shackles? I guess I could make the blocks if I decide to run blocks.. 2" with whatever angle I need. Im going to try and get 4-5" out of them to match the front. I plan on keeping the rear axle in as close to the stock location as possible. Plan for the new frame is 104" Wheelbase, 2" forward in the front.

Just how soft are they? im used to my super stiff rears, do they droop well? compress well? Good on gravel/rough roads?

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
I'm running 2wd out of an 01 xcab v6 good compresion and alot of droop. I should be able to use all the travel on a 14" shock, will know when the shocks get here. I'm running no block and 3 degree shim, pinion angle looks good. I didn't run a block as I am going the lowrider on 37's approach ( cut what get's in the way) I'm working on the sas this week with a rears up front on a homebuilt crossmember. Hopefully I can get it to sit level with no block as I don't want to lift it anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts