Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has attempted this? IFS boxes are very hard to come by around here, plus my friend has a basicily owns a jeep graveyard so I can have the complete setup off a cj for free. The problem is I would I have to run it inside the frame. Is it possible, is there enough room?

Thanks for any help,
Chris

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
tdavis said:
Cool Seabass. What way is the pitman pointing? forward or backwards?
good question:eek: it points foward, thx to lakerat, he built the box that way so high steer arms will work now. org the pitman was faces backwards and drag/tierod interference issuies forsed me to go back to low steer untill now. Now I just need some new arms.:p

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
littlejackass said:
You can't just put the pitman arm facing forward can you?
No, as I'm sure you are thinking, turn left and the tires would turn right:eek: Bet no one would steal your shit though;)

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
tanzuki said:

I'm not too familiar with power steering boxes but can any box be converted from rear pitman to front pitman?
Sorry I do not know, but ask the lake rat, he will know.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If it faces backwards stock and you rotate the pitman forward you would have to have rear steer on the alxe to get the steering correct. On the toyota corona that I pulled my box off of, the pitman faced forward, but the steering was behind the axle centerline...so when the box turned right it pushed the rear of the spindle right and the front of the spindle moved left, making the car turn left.

Paul

·
Registered
343 Posts
converting saginaw box

not that i recomend them, but AGR can convert them i know. i inquired with them about converting scout boxes, which if i remember right are outside frame but pitman arm faces forward. this is also a possible solution for early model bronco guys looking for power steering and don't want to pay $800 for a power steering bronco box (apparently they are VERY hard to find). - i would think local hydraulic or some type of auto shop in your town could do the same. i think it is the sector shaft that makes the difference. maybe you could order just the shaft from AGR.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I put mine on with no problem. After I extended the frame out about 5 inches. Made a really short pitman arm. Sorry no pictures.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
littlejackass said:
would it be possible to get an underneath shot from the other side?
hope this is good enough...cause I just lent my dig to my sis for a week or so:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts