Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get lines that go from the saginaw *eep pump to the kick box? I'd rather use it since I already built the brackets. And it will work better..

Help me help my self :flipoff2:

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
You need to get a -6AN x 18mm adapter (I think this is the kick size) and a -6AN adapter for the pump and then you can make your own pressure hose using reusable fittings. It will cost about $40 bucks for the adapters, fittings and hose.

The cool thing about these hoses are that they are repairable. I havent had a hose made since I started using them. The fittings are available in a varity of angles etc. so you can plumb it any way you want.

The components look like this....

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
metric/standard conversion solution

i have set up 2 toyota/gm power steering systems and have found it easiest to cut the hardlines that come out of both the pump and the box about 2-5 inches out (basically before they turn into the soft line). i then braze a standard flare fitting to that (you can get flare "plugs" and drill them to the size of the hard line). i go to my local hose/fitting shop and have a standard hydraulic hose made with standard flare fittings on each end. each hose cost about $10-15.

i like it this way because i don't have to order/wait for parts that i "hope" are the right ones, and i can do it at midnight if i choose and be running tommarow.

good luck, just my $.02

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. thanks for the help man!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I can't remember which is which anymore, but I do know I was wrong and its not an 18mm, its a 16mm....I just went out and measured.

I have a receipt that says 16mmx1.5, but I think that was for a kick ps pump with the banjos.

I'm not sure what the pitch is for the toy stuff. The size is the same for both ports on a Celica box and the pressure side of the FJ box. The low pressure fitting on the FJ box is bigger.

I got all of my adapters from the link above.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

I have to make these handy little pics casue im always messing up what all the sizes are and then when i adapt etc...

Scawfish is dead on ! AN stuff rules.

soapbox....
Its a bit more $ up front, but once you learn the basics and learn what sizes you have/need you dont "waste" anything, I keep a supply handy to do general stuff, that and its easily repaired...

I order AN stuff from summitracing, speedway aka speedwaymotors.com and reciently from http://www.anplumbing.com/ great $ on earls stuff,

I think people have preferences becasue thats what they have near then, have used before, or have been exposed to. For me its easier to order a pile of fittings and hose and build it, rather than take time off of work to goto a shop and explain to them what i want and have them do it for me..

happy plumbing...
-yag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts