Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm doing a full hydro setup. I want a remote res on my saginaw p-pump.

btw. Napa part number 811411 is the highest flow/pressure p-pump (with out reservoir) This is from pretty much all ford and chevy vans, and about everything that has hydro boost brakes and a heavy GVWR.

Any way, I'm looking for this res. I've found many Chevy van reservoirs that have the inlet nipple, but they all have an extra return line or 2 (dependant on hydro boost or not).

Does anyone know what stock application THIS pump is?

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Looks like damn near any Saginaw pump used with a remote reservoir. GM, Dodge or Ford. Why does the reservoir matter? If you can't find one in a junkyard, just use an aftermarket one.

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
btw. Napa part number 811411 is the highest flow/pressure p-pump (with out reservoir) This is from pretty much all ford and chevy vans, and about everything that has hydro boost brakes and a heavy GVWR.

Got any specs on it? Where did you find the flow and pressure ratings? I didnt notice anything online but I havent gone in to check the parts catalog.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got me, but it looks exactly like the one in my '87, CC dually, 454-equipped truck, with Hydroboost. *shrug
Close, but I'd bet your res looks like this:

OR

Looks like damn near any Saginaw pump used with a remote reservoir. GM, Dodge or Ford. Why does the reservoir matter? If you can't find one in a junkyard, just use an aftermarket one.
PSC sells the non-reservoir can with a -10 inlet for $35. Why bother going to the junkyard?
I know, I know... I've looked at it, but I was just curious, and if I can get a res can that I want for $5 while I'm snooping around at the Pick-a-Part, or get it from NAPA at employee cost (friends work there). Then why not?

I mean, hell I could just buy everything at retail price and bolt it on, or I can dig a little and save some coin.

I could use one of the cans that has a return nipple on it, but I'd have to block it off (weld/braze/etc) because I'm going to run the return line to the remote reservoir.

Got any specs on it? Where did you find the flow and pressure ratings? I didnt notice anything online but I havent gone in to check the parts catalog.
811411 is the pump (with no res) part number that is found on all HD/Hydroboost/etc applications, this pump can replace any standard saginaw pump just by swapping reservoirs.

If you look at BillaVista's steering info, it lists applications that this pump came from http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Hydro_Steering/P pumps 2.jpg

3.1-3.5 GPM 1350-1450 PSI

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Heres what mine came as straight from the 84 1.5ton GMC.

But im swopping over to a 3x larger alum can. like PSC sells.
They made these pumps from 68 to 90"s+. And they came in a ton of different setups.

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
I agree getting the returning back to the reservoir is WAY BETTER, because you would be circulating all the fluid. I went with the PSC kit (that stopped working yesterday), but I like were you are going with this.
I would think that maybe you can look int RV's because the reservoir maybe closer to the steering box on RV's not like truck were the pump is closer to the steering box. I believe that is why they (OEM) runs the return lines to them, it would be cheaper to go with a shorter hose maybe.

Also
TBItoy you wrote this:
811411 is the pump (with no res) part number that is found on all HD/Hydroboost/etc applications, this pump can replace any standard saginaw pump just by swapping reservoirs.

If you look at BillaVista's steering info, it lists applications that this pump came from http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...0pumps 2.jpg

3.1-3.5 GPM 1350-1450 PSI

I was wondering do you (or anybody else) know what is the requirement for the full hydro (2.5"x8" double ended ram) with hydro boost, as far as flow and pressure?

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
I went ahead and went with ther astro van pump and just blocked off the small return fitting I also used a reservoir from a semi that hold a half gallon of fluid and has an internal filter in it. Its stock and moves my SE 2.5x6 surplus center ram just fine.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
anyone ever figure out where the straight fitting remote res can came from?

I'm doing another setup and looking for the same thing again,

I did an open search on Rockauto for all ACDelco power steering pumps, didn't find anything new for the P pump,

but I did find a neat TC pump that is already setup for remote res

Application is 88-91 Pontiac Sunbird

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm doing a full hydro setup. I want a remote res on my saginaw p-pump.

Any way, I'm looking for this res. I've found many Chevy van reservoirs that have the inlet nipple, but they all have an extra return line or 2 (dependant on hydro boost or not).

Does anyone know what stock application THIS pump is?

AND 2 years and 4 months later... I found the application that this res came from...

wait for it...

1982-1984 Renault Fuego :laughing:
Cardone Industries 100-207989 - SummitRacing.com

Also found this other neat remote res P pump from a early 90s Dodge W250/350
Cardone Industries 100-207933 - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
AND 2 years and 4 months later... I found the application that this res came from...

1982-1984 Renault Fuego :laughing:

Also found this other neat remote res P pump from a early 90s Dodge W250/350

Seven years later, I signed up to this forum just to say thanks for posting this info. :D

I'm using a Saginaw P-series pump on a Ford Lima 2.5 with a pressure regulator from a Saab 9-3. :D The donor pump came from a Chevy Astro. Works fine, but the reservoir is leaking a bit, probably because I mangled it a bit during overhaul.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts