Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin knocked the corner of his CTD in the ice.
He was talking about scrapping it, I told him to e-bay it "as is".

It is an extended cab, long bed, 4wd, auto.
He slid into a pole on the front corner. It ripped the tie rod from the steering knuckle, knocked the radiator back into the fan, core support, hood, fender, etc.
The axles are 3.55 gears and a detroit in the rear.
Body is rusted. The rockers are shot, and it is starting to blister other places.
The motor has around 300,000 miles but has been babied.
The injector pump has been modified and doesn't have many miles on it.

What is something like this worth?
Where is the best place to advertise it?

He doesn't want to dismantle, he would rather sell in one shot to get it out of his yard.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
$1500-2k tops. He'd make more parting out the drivetrain, than selling as a whole. Cummins forums/ebay is where Id advertise.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
$1500-2k tops. He'd make more parting out the drivetrain, than selling as a whole. Cummins forums/ebay is where Id advertise.
X2

A buddy of mine bought a wrecked '92 with a rebuilt getrag, and rebuilt cummins for $2k and $1500-2k seems to be about the going price i've seen in craigslist and local paper for wrecked VE pump trucks.

If he comes up with a price PM me his number and I'll see if anybody I know is interested.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Post it in the classifieds section at http://dieseltruckresource.com .

My friend just posted his extended cab rust-free D350 Cummins dually there, minus drivetrain (he swapped engine/trans into a 4WD crew-cab). He has gotten a lot of interest already. I'm sure folks are looking for the opposite too (drivetrain without much truck). :)

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck is located 10 miles west of Charleston, WV. A couple miles off I-64 at Scott Depot.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics.

The first pic is the gate post he hit that did the damage. It was ice, 2wd, he turned but the truck didn't. He hit is at about 10 MPH.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold him this truck about 5 or 6 years ago. He had the transmission rebuilt in the first year. The injector pump is turned up and about 3 or 4 years old. The rear detroit locker is about 3 or 4 years old. This truck hasn't had many miles put on it in the last 3 years because he works in Lousiana, and flys back and forth. He's never home, and when he is, he doesn't drive the truck very often.

The injector pump is 2 or 3 years old
The locker is probably 3 years old.
The transmission was rebuilt within the last 4 years. The new torque converter sucks because it has a high stall. That makes it slip until it is at high RPMs.

Tires probably aren't going to go with the truck. I'm probably going to end up with those.

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
I sold my fathers rolled 91.5 for $1800 without the trans. which I sold for $1200.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
If he parts it out I'd be interested in the rear Detroit if it's for the Dana 70U 32 spline and the price is reasonable:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
If he decides to sell it as is please let me know, Im looking a CTD to swap into my 85 crew cab.

Duane

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Unless I missed something major, I'd fix it. Don't let the insurance company get it.

FWIW, heres what I paid for the CTD trucks I've bought

In 05 I paid $2800 for a 91.5 DRW 2wd with a 30k-ish cummins recon motor and a newer AT/OD, front ended, no radiator, condenser, tweaked IC

In 06 I paid $2750 for a 89 W250 4wd, 90k, with AT/OD (fresh trans swapped in) flopped on side, somewhat driveable.

In 07 I bought a really rough 90 W250 4wd, super high miles, 115k on motor, nice flatbed, wasted 727 trans for $1100 IIRC

In 10 I bought a rolled (hard) 95 2500 203k 4wd Ppump NV4500, at auction for $2k delivered. Radiator, IC, fan trashed. But turned out to be a creampuff, had a pacbrake and onboard air too:flipoff2: The stuff I sold paid for the truck, the drivetrain was gravy:smokin:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Shoot it looks clean but if its all tanked but the motor.. id say thats $1k truck maybe

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Those motors will always be worth a chunk of change, I wouldn't take less than $2500 complete but I bet you could get more parted out.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
$1400 tops in my book. 300K on that engine is nearing the rebuild time...babied or not.
For the money it would take to fix it, you could buy a complete truck (probably a '94-'98 too).

Either part it out and make more, or get it out of site quick for $1200...
JMHO

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
The OP mentioned that it was rusty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts