Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Looks sweet!! How do you like the shifter mounted where you have it. I am planning aw4 swap in a couple weeks and need to mount shifter. It looks like it might be hard to reach. I plan on installing tcu later in the future, but manual for now. Everytime I am about to do a mod you are couple stepa ahead of me.

Kyle
Thanks for the comment.
I like it where I have it, I shift it with the index finger and the thumb. It slides easy.

bddisi,

What hydro assist kit are you running? Thanks.

V
Trail Gear. 2in X 8 ram. I ordered it from ECGS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you have a very nice build. i watched your short video and was wondering what muffler you had on your jeep? and another thing on your steering assist what steering box you were running? how well does the 4.0 turn those iroks with the 410 gears? thats the same ratio ive got and was debating on going lower.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Do you not have multiple day trails near you? Seems like that spare tire carrier would limit the amount of camping gear you can haul. Love the build and your attention to detail.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
you have a very nice build. i watched your short video and was wondering what muffler you had on your jeep? and another thing on your steering assist what steering box you were running? how well does the 4.0 turn those iroks with the 410 gears? thats the same ratio ive got and was debating on going lower.
The steering box is factory. The 410s were ok, but I now have 513s, much better.
The 4.0 does fine, I mean how much horsepower does it take to go 1 to 5 mph? :DI can cruise at 70mph on the hwy. I will eventually do a v8. Or 4.0 stroker. , but the 4.0 is fine food now.

Do you not have multiple day trails near you? Seems like that spare tire carrier would limit the amount of camping gear you can haul. Love the build and your attention to detail.
We do camp some, but we usually rent a cabin or get a motel. I usually haul the camping gear in the tows rig.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
you have a very nice build. i watched your short video and was wondering what muffler you had on your jeep?
My muffler is a Cherry Bomb, Glass pack, it fits good, thats about all I can say for it.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
Subscribed...
Thanks.
I haven't done much to my jeep lately, I have been busy working on this 2011 Rubicon Unlimited. Here is a picture of it when I got it this past Saturday.

And here is how it sets as of tonight.

4in lift, 37in Goodyear MTRs and a but load of bolt ons. Nice rig though. It belongs to a guy who lives here local. Just a old fixer up.:D
You can check it out more here.http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2011-rubicon-unlimited-build-m-jordan-1140265/

·
Registered
259 Posts
Awesome work, very impressive. I am particularly liking the stretch without comp-cutting the rear.

I don't recall reading but how much stretch did you get both front and rear? I am wanting to do something similar (tons, stretch, and no comp cut) and was curious how much you were able to get in both directions.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Sweet build thread, lots of good info.... :beer:
The tj or the jk? Thanks......

Awesome work, very impressive. I am particularly liking the stretch without comp-cutting the rear.

I don't recall reading but how much stretch did you get both front and rear? I am wanting to do something similar (tons, stretch, and no comp cut) and was curious how much you were able to get in both directions.
I got a couple in the front and about 7 out back. Thanks for the comments.

I have been busy, but I finally got the JK done. The owner picked it up this evening and was very happy with the results.

I still have the factory JK rear springs that I am going to try on my jeep.
More later..........

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow dude, last time I went wheeling with you, the Willys was still on 35s and you were still in the old version with "small" tires haha!

Have you talked to Bobby lately?

Going wheeling anywhere anytime soon? I need to try out the new mods Ive done to Betty.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Wow dude, last time I went wheeling with you, the Willys was still on 35s and you were still in the old version with "small" tires haha!

Have you talked to Bobby lately?

Going wheeling anywhere anytime soon? I need to try out the new mods Ive done to Betty.
I talked to Bobby about a month ago. He was supposed to get me a price together on some tube bending.

We are going on a ride Jan 1, some where in or near the cove........

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool, I was thinking a Cove trip on the 1st as well. If not there then maybe Aetna, still haven't been there in the new rig yet. I'll keep in touch on here and we'll work something out. It would be a fun trip as long as its not 20 below and icy. I don't have any heat, and even if I did it wouldn't do any good haha.

By the way, if Bobby doesn't get back with you or doesn't make time to do it, you should come down and look at my shop. I opened it about a year and a half ago and I am a legally functioning business in Hamilton County, and Im only a few minutes further than he is. If you want to know more about it go over to NAXJA and check out the sponsor section, I am in there: Rock Solid Fab. Don't get me wrong... Bobby is a real good friend of mine, and I would never ever try to steal work from him, but sometimes his schedule is tight with all the bronco and family stuff. I can do everything he can for probably less money.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Lewis Chapel Moab Toms 4x4 Superstore - YouTube
A little update.
I have just been wheeling a lot and I also triangulated the lower rear links.

It is hard to tell but the cross member is bolted to the transfer case skid plate for lateral support. The cross member is made from 1.5in 3/8 wall dom and Ballistic Fab. link mount.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Here is a little update on my heeps status.
I kinda wanted to bump it up a notch and had been going throug and reading and re reading the Project Shredder thread, over and over so I decided I would do mine with that in mind.
1st thing was a set of 42x14x17 Iroks on Allied beadlocks.

I first thought I might modify my tube fenders and keep the coilsprings.

I then decided that was not going to work and that I needed to stretch it a bit and I also decided to go with some Fox 2.0 Air Shocks with 14 in travel.

I then moved the steering box forward and was really not satisfied with how that was going to work out so I then made the next step.

I also cut the rear frame off and rebuilt that.

I was able to keep the Antirock out back.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #178

A little bling. Having a Torchmate at the shop is nice.

I redone the rear lights too.

Rear bumper, after it was done

I rebuilt the rear truss, the other truss was to tall for keeping it low.

Ok, so back to the front. I didn't want to cut the grille and narrow it, althought it looks bad azz on the Shredder Jeep. I have not had a lot of time to work on this thing and didnt want to take the time to do it. I did however do the front frame very similar.

I also put a little rake in the hood.

Front frame and Griffin radiator,

Nice approach angle.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Crossmember for the front hoops.

Radiator mounts and track bar mount. I decided to keep the track bar with the 3 link in the front.

Track bar mount and bump stop.

For the steering I got a Trail Gear double ended ram. I them fabbed up a mount for it.

Orbital mount

Getting it put together. Steering cooler.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I really like the Artec highsteer arms but I thougt I could come up with something similar, so I had a buddy cut these from some 3/4 plate and I then manipulated them into this. I also plated the factory d60 knuckels and gusseted the inner cs.

I also upgraded to chromo 35 spline outters and went with the Yukon Hardcore Lockouts.
Trying to decide where to cut the hood.

And this is where I am at as of now. I am taking it tomorrow to the shop to charge the shocks. It is sitting here at 2in away from full bump.

Thanks for looking.
More later.........

161 - 180 of 211 Posts