Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let you all know some Rubicon info pertinent to a sami. Made it all the way from ice house store(bad idea park closer)to loon, to the springs, up cadillac hill,back to the springs and almost to the slabs on 10 gallons of propane(for those wondering about propane setups it ran perfectly!!

I reallythink withoutthe drive from the store I would have made the whole trail. This system was also very untuned as we ran out of time before the run to really mess with it.

103"WB seemed absolutley perfect on everything

6.5 t case gears and 5:89s w/38 are perfect for everything except the box, could have used one more gear. The new big rock that fell in denied me about half way through.

And on a final note packing three days worth of stuff for two guys in a sami is really hard!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what new rock and how new is it.:confused::shaking:
I was told the rock sitting right in the middle after u get up the initial face(it kinda stands alone) had somewhat recently fallen in. Now given new to me is within about a year, so for some maybe not so new...Sorry if Im miss informed that is what I was told by some others that were there.

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude you need to get rid of those tires. i bet it would made the box a LOT easier!
You mean like get smaller tires or different brand? Im currently running them becuase they were basically brand new, and 100.00 bucks:smokin:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
ha ha that works. but yea a differenet brand. i watched u for the first half and they werent grabing anything. you shoulda crawled right over those first set of rocks with that setup.

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea I want a set of 39 inch crawlers or maxxis or shit even Irocks. those damn boggers are heavy and definetly dont grip smooth dusty rocks very well, but one the other hand i did run them with 2psi the entire trip and never blew a bead

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
i am loving my 35 inch baja claws (bias ply) they grip really well only spun a few tires this weekend, and the air pressure is between 1-8 psi. (although i do have beadlocks)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts