Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Is it just mocked up or have you fired it up yet?

When you get it working properly make sure you go over to TeamSwift and prove them wrong. Some of those guys were giving you a pretty hard time about the FMU.:D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
deepmud said:
very professional installation. Looks good. Specs?
Engine is a 1.6 16V Esteem engine, Supercharger is an Eaton M45 from a MB 230 Kompressor, intrcooler came from a Cooper S (M45 too), FMU is a Begi, BTM is a Vortech and the BOV is a Turbo XS.

I am putting a bigger pulley because with a 1.2:1 was not even able to reach 1 psi!!! I will try with a 2:1 pulley end this week.-

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
jones said:
Is it just mocked up or have you fired it up yet?

When you get it working properly make sure you go over to TeamSwift and prove them wrong. Some of those guys were giving you a pretty hard time about the FMU.:D

I fired out but the stock pulley was too big that I had to make a bigger one. Hope to try again this WE.

Yes, that discuss was very deep, but with a clutched S/C the FMU should have an advantage when SC is off over a piggy back or standalone unit-

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get looking set-up!!! Looks Top Notch
Can I get a shot at your air inlet to your intercooler. I see you cut a nice hole on the hood. How about a view from the top. I've been contimplating mounting an intercooler in that location as well. I've been thinking a front mount is just doomed to get whacked off. I've also noticed the mitsu eclipse and 3000gt have the inner fender mounted type. I've been thinking about that with a scoop similar to the TD samurai overseas.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Shit Gonzalo, that blows!

What's gonna happen now?:D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
how much boost? I was worried when I saw the intercooler - it makes whatever boost you have more effective - and usually means more than 10 psi. What did you try? how much?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
how much boost? I was worried when I saw the intercooler - it makes whatever boost you have more effective - and usually means more than 10 psi. What did you try? how much?
I run 10psi only for a couple of times, then reduce the pulley to 145mm and kill it at 7psi.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I am actually running under 5psi of boosting and revs pretty well.

Y tested at 12.000ft and also boost 5 psi (over a lower atm pressure) and the difference is huge with it off.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts