Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

This is my fist post on Pirate. I recently came into two free samurais. One is a Type 2 (according to the intro write up)

Bolt-on SPOA
32's
5.14:1 tc (i think- its a rock crawler transfer case with 4wl and 2wl)
full time lockers f/r

The other sami is a stock parts car.

The thing is that the built sami has a 3 color beat-to-s**t body and the stock one has a perfect body.

I read the Pirate4x4 intro and did a search but could not find any mention of a full write up for a body swap. I have done moderate mechanical work on cars for years with guidance, but I want to know what I'd be getting into if I tried a body swap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A samurai is pretty basic to work on.. If you could do it no problem, you probably wouldnt have asked.

first remove the front clip, and wiring harness off the moter, lights etc. since its your first time mark the wires when you pull them so you can put it back together, brake lines, fuel lines yada yada yada, everything that connects the body to the frame. Soak the body mount bolts with a penetrarting lubricant before you start, you will probably still need heat to get them loose. Invite some friends over to help lift the body off. Its all common sense, have fun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. I am hoping to find complete directions since I have very limited time to harvest everything I can off of my parts car and I don't want to risk messing something up in the process. I need to have one drivable samurai and one junked within a few weekends. I am losing my storage area soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
T urn each fastener in a clockwise direction (with the appropriate socket, screw driver etc.). You will need a 10m 12m 14m 17m and 19m sockets and wrenches. when the bolts and screws come off place them in a bucket. keep taking bolts off till the part comes off.. Come on take that shit apart, your wasting time! also invest in an impact screwdriver with a #3 phillips head.

the only way you will understand is to getter done

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
742 Posts
The biggest problem is getting the 3 other bodies to get it off the frame. 10 or 12 main bolts, electrical and plumbing. Not a big deal, but a suckjob if it's a crust bucket. I'd leave as much in the doner as possible, they all plug and play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts