Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Suzuki/Toyota Parts
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a bunch of these and don't have room for them so we need to reduce inventory.

No Low Range Off-Road Coupon Code needed

Sale may end at any time.

Free Shipping in the Contiguous United States

Attachments

·
ZUK Herder
4,497 Posts
We have a bunch of these and don't have room for them so we need to reduce inventory.

No Low Range Off-Road Coupon Code needed

Sale may end at any time.

Free Shipping in the Contiguous United States
Just as I bought a new stocker ..........:flipoff2:
This is an awesome deal!!!!

·
Suzuki/Toyota Parts
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will work on getting the numbers but yes we have tested stock and these ones.

Bump we still have too many of these.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
What other parts are needed to install these... Bearings anything else?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It doesn't look like they come with bearings or bearing retainers. Those are pretty cheap on rockauto though. You might consider going ahead and switching to the SJ410(?) backing plates so that you can remove the shaft without removing the brakes. I wish I had done that years ago.

If I had the spare cash and KNEW I wouldn't ever go toyota, I would be on these yesterday. Throw them on the shelf and swap them at my leisure or after I break another stocker.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Supposedly these are not any stronger than stock ones, just passing along the info.
Agreed - that seems to be the consensus down here from people who have run them.

*if* there are numbers that show these axles are stronger torsionally, that's only 1/2 the story, as a semifloat axle doesn't just deal with torsion, it has to deal with torsion AND bending load. The design of these shafts seems to concentrate that bending load into a smaller area than the standard shaft.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It doesn't look like they come with bearings or bearing retainers. Those are pretty cheap on rockauto though. You might consider going ahead and switching to the SJ410(?) backing plates so that you can remove the shaft without removing the brakes. I wish I had done that years ago.

If I had the spare cash and KNEW I wouldn't ever go toyota, I would be on these yesterday. Throw them on the shelf and swap them at my leisure or after I break another stocker.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,254 Posts
I will work on getting the numbers but yes we have tested stock and these ones.

Bump we still have too many of these.

Find the numbers yet? I'm curious to see but don't feel like throwing away $200 and 2 hours of work if they are not significantly stronger

·
Registered
617 Posts
2 Hours is easy - in the shop.

Try changing out a broken axle trailside - because they always break flush with the diff centre so the R&P has to come off to get the centre pins out to get the broken axle end out.

I've done two trailside and it takes a minimum on 3.5 hours.

Just one of the reasons I prefer full float axles - they tend to break at the drive flange end and swap in minutes with no need to pull the brakes down or even take the wheel off sometimes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts