Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour,

My friend has a Samurai (humm?). He installed a Grand Vitara V6 engine into his "personnalized" engine bay with the maunal Vitara tranny.

He body-lifted (2") and spring-overed already-owned Toyota diffs.

He installed his special Samurai tcase (hi:1.58; lo:4.163) with 4.1 diff, and adapted driveshafts and driveline (tranny-tcase).

Actually, he got some problems with the rear driveshaft inclinaison. The truck is so short!

Her is a picture of the engine "compartiment".

Here is a winter downhill picture.

Here is the photo album of the last fall snow ride.

P.O.

P.S.: Hope viewers are satisfied:D

·
Premium Member
35,606 Posts
Please get close ups of inside the compartment

We want to see how much "massaging" was required.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. That is cool. I want one :D I would like to see some closeups as well, and maybe a note or two about how much was involved to get the engine and tranny to fit and mate up the the t-case (i.e. were new mounts and/or cross-members, tunnel mods, or similar modifications required).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Perfect Obsession said:
My friend has a Samurai (humm?). He installed a Grand Vitara V6 engine into his "personnalized" engine bay with the maunal Vitara tranny.
Cool engine swap. When I was doing my last Samurai, I looked everywhere for a Vitara V-6. I ended up with a 1999 Chevy Tracker (same as a Vitara) 2.0 motor.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
BUUUUAAAAA!!! I want one!!!!:crybaby:

I also looked high and low for this engine, to no avail. Had to settle for a 1.6 16 valver.........

Thanks!!! Some close up pics and a write up detailing the swap would be most cool!!!!

;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
the big question is hows it run was it worth not swapping a 4.3???just courious....

·
Registered
31,026 Posts
Yeah, and it's got 140 HP, stock. Having torn my wife's 2.5 GV motor down to almost a bare block, I gotta say I'm impressed with it. I would love to steal it, and drop it in my Sidekick!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts