Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a parts list or link to a thread regarding a solid axle swap for a 2000 silverado z71 4x4? I know the kits all custom no one makes one so what are the things I need?

Looking to run 37's and keep it as low as possible I have no problem cutting for clearances any advice much appreciated thanks guys, Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
You'll need an axle, some springs, and a bunch of JBWeld. If you're asking this question...save the bus full of nuns and leave it ifs. .02

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol you guys crack me up lol just simply asking what's the best setup I know there's a ton of different options to go with... Ford axles chevy axle swapping t-cases the list goes on and on... Simply put I need the best bang for my buck

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Lol you guys crack me up lol just simply asking what's the best setup I know there's a ton of different options to go with... Ford axles chevy axle swapping t-cases the list goes on and on... Simply put I need the best bang for my buck

What is so wrong with IFS...?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
best bang for your buck? Hmm, start finding parts, get your calculator, add up cost of said parts, collect said parts until you have a nice pile, then get to fawking work. :shaking:

·
Trail Tampon
6,041 Posts
toby is the man to talk to, he has a super nice kit for the newer super duty front ends. he's at XXX traction, his kit is used in the link posted in post #5

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok cool thanks and I've never really been a fan of Ifs... Ya the rides nice but honestly useless off road when going to trails with overgrown bs everywhere lol I do alot of gold prospecting and getting back into some of the canyons is a chore let me tell ya lol life axle it way to go

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok cool thanks and I've never really been a fan of Ifs... Ya the rides nice but honestly useless off road when going to trails with overgrown bs everywhere lol I do alot of gold prospecting and getting back into some of the canyons is a chore let me tell ya lol life axle it way to go

Whawhat? It sounds like you're best bang for your buck is to drop your truck off at a shop and tell them you'd like to pick it up a week later with the work already done. :eek:

Use the fawking search at least, there have been several (hundred) swaps detailed here, and elsewhere on the internet. The specific vehicle platform (2000 GM 1500) really doesn't make much difference, the same rules will always apply.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts