Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around multiple sites and can't quite find the info I'm looking for. I have a '07 town car I'm putting a leaf sprung dana 44 under but I have had a problem mapping out the steering gearbox. I've never done a sas on a vehicle/car with a rack and pinion. I'm looking for recommendations on what gear box to use, it must be an inside mount and I can fab up anything needed for the steering shaft that's needed. I've used quite a few jeep gear boxes on classic cars for power steering conversions, would that be a good source for this application? What about a '99-'07 superduty gearbox? It will definitely be wheeled/ran through gambler 500's but nothing to stupid as well as a daily driver at times. Any advice is much appreciated! I have the bracing figured out for the most part as well, I'm just not sure what box to would be "wise" for this application.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I've searched around multiple sites and can't quite find the info I'm looking for. I have a '07 town car I'm putting a leaf sprung dana 44 under but I have had a problem mapping out the steering gearbox. I've never done a sas on a vehicle/car with a rack and pinion. I'm looking for recommendations on what gear box to use, it must be an inside mount and I can fab up anything needed for the steering shaft that's needed. I've used quite a few jeep gear boxes on classic cars for power steering conversions, would that be a good source for this application? What about a '99-'07 superduty gearbox? It will definitely be wheeled/ran through gambler 500's but nothing to stupid as well as a daily driver at times. Any advice is much appreciated! I have the bracing figured out for the most part as well, I'm just not sure what box to would be "wise" for this application.
The superduty box is an upgrade for the 80-96 fords like my bronco. You might even get lucky and have the stock superduty hoses work somewhat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts