Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so here is the plan. I am going to be doing a SAS on my 92 toy, with 2" wrangler rears up front and chevy 1/2 tons with a 2" lift block in the rear... i have cut out the fenders, and will be running 33x12.50 swampers,

the input needed is, will this setup sit level at all? i have not personally witnessed before/after SAS swaps b/4 and afters with my own eyes, so i don't know if the lift will be level, or adequate for 33's for that matter, should i keep with the 2" wranglers or go with the toy rears up front?? or toy main leaf w/ wranger leafs??

i know this has been discussed, but not that i have found togather, with information on SAS amount of lift and what to compare it with w/ 1/2 ton's in the rear... i have already done a good deal of my homework, so i am just askin for some pre-project advise

·
Registered
63 Posts
it depends on a few things like how much(how many inches) of a drop hanger will you be using for the front? are the front or rear springs used and how badly? shackle mount under or through the frame for the front? those things will def be important but you will most likely have plenty of room for 33s. your best bet is to set aside enough time that you can mess with it a little if it is your daily driver and that way you wont have to wait for any parts to come in or any unexpected problems. hope this helps.

sean

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
there are so many varibles with doing a sas....you can make it level after you get the truck together.....but some many things can give you lift, or not...just put it together and then work on leveling it out:p

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That thing is gonna be way too freakin' huge with that stuff...

I suggest 7-leaf waggys (stock 0 lift) up front with a 1-1.5" drop hanger (as small as possible) with about stock length shackles. In the rear, just use Chevy springs. No block. That will do the trick. I've got 2wd chevys on the rear of mine with about a 1.5" block and i have slightly cut fenders and I run 38s with plenty of room.

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Too much lift for 33's. I run stock 2wd Chevy rears with no block and a longer single shackle. A little trimming and my 37's fit easy. Up front is another issue. You still won't need much lift at all. Just get something that moves the axle forward ~2".

As for Violent91's suggestion, Heywood run's that exact setup with 37's, too. This is how high it sits (on the right, mine's on the left).

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot for the replies...

the info has been very helpful!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts