Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting the swap looking for any tips or known problems...also if its better to buy a kit or make one myself. if better to buy any ideas where to find such a kit?? i am putting 3/4 ton axels in from a 84 chev. mine as it sits now is 1/2 ton so yeah any info on this swap would be awsome to know...:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Lots of info on here to search out on this subject, not hard to make your own brackets, but if I were to buy a set it would probably be from Sky-manufacturing, good pricing.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
your diff will be on the wrong side - :shaking:
you need a ford / newer dodge axle with drivers drop to match your t case - or change your t case

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.... i realize my diff will be wrong but i got diff tranny and transfercase...i just am not a ford liker and there was no way i was putting a ford diff under my chevy haha...but does anyone have links to places ppl have done it all and took pictures and stuff or is it all just random and i gotta search??

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Because those Dana made D60's with driver drops say Ford anywhere on them.

Search my screen name, I put a passenger drop D60 under mine. I just didn't use Ford's do to cost and avaliability, nothing to do with brand hate.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
nothing to do with brand hate.
Hater, J/K

Hey Kyle wanna go to Pismo this coming weekend? I didn't know if you'd already be down there or not. If my truck can make it I'll be there Friday evening to Sunday with a bunch of Toyota guys from Ultimateyota.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Hater, J/K

Hey Kyle wanna go to Pismo this coming weekend? I didn't know if you'd already be down there or not. If my truck can make it I'll be there Friday evening to Sunday with a bunch of Toyota guys from Ultimateyota.
You know me, always putting everybody down:laughing:

I will be down in San Luis thie weekend visiting the gf, truck won't be making it though. If you can PM what milemarker your at and a distinguishing tow rig or something at camp we might be able to come out for the afternoon. I might even bring the Jeep.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And why u say that...your prolly jus a computer geek never touched a tool ever in your life... like is it that big of a problem that i dont want ford parts in my truck?? sometimes u guys on here are so immature like its my truck i want what i want soo hawbout dont critisize it yaaaaaa..that a idea! and how do u know ANYTHING about my mechanical skill just from my typing and spelling???? you some kind of fukin wizard??????? honestly get a life did spelling isnt gonna kill you...u still understood it didnt you???

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
And why u say that...your prolly jus a computer geek never touched a tool ever in your life... like is it that big of a problem that i dont want ford parts in my truck?? sometimes u guys on here are so immature like its my truck i want what i want soo hawbout dont critisize it yaaaaaa..that a idea! and how do u know ANYTHING about my mechanical skill just from my typing and spelling???? you some kind of fukin wizard??????? honestly get a life did spelling isnt gonna kill you...u still understood it didnt you???

Wow you are a Retard. You can't write you can't spell , and I sure as hell would not trust anything you do to drive on a public road. Also Dana makes ford axles as was said. I did sas on my last S10 with a HP 60 I had the cash at the time , this Time I am using a LP44 , or LP60 . The Driver drop stuff seems to be more pricey . With that said search for stuff on here it is the largest resource for 4x4 info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how does my spelling and shit have anything to do about how good and safe things are i build??? this world has become all term litterit...SPELLING ISNT GONNA CHANGE MY MECHANIC WORK... sorry thanks for the help but i am really getting sick of ppl harrassing me just because i cant spell... like common is that really a HUGE issue????? nope...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
how does my spelling and shit have anything to do about how good and safe things are i build??? this world has become all term litterit...SPELLING ISNT GONNA CHANGE MY MECHANIC WORK... sorry thanks for the help but i am really getting sick of ppl harrassing me just because i cant spell... like common is that really a HUGE issue????? nope...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
Yes it is and you sounding stupid just makes people not take you seriously.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whatever...its JUST spelling... like cant we talk about the topic not my spelling.. i thought this was a 4x4 site not a english class...!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so no one has any links for me??? no tips... nothing.... all u can do is complain about the way i spell... hahahahaha thats to funny...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya i have been .. but i thought id ask here just incase someone knew of something really good thats hard to find but i soon noticed that ppl on here are more concerned about how u spell than 4x4's....so keep calling me childish names like dinkus you never know it might get you somewhere in life... HAHAHAHA what a joke...fuckin place is full of immature fucking idiots. id probably get better help on a sas if i when to the fuckin local wal mart for fuck sakes... and u call ur selfs 4x4 enthusists...HAHAHA fuck this forum. :flipoff2: :shaking: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
gone in 22 posts... cool

Well, you could have been more accepting of criticism, i guess. I figure when I post a thread to people that are my peers, I will gladly accept their criticism, as it may save either my wallet, or my life. heaven forbid someone else has more experience than I in one place or another...

We may sound condescending on this forum. Sometimes, we are.

The use of the English language is of concern to many people. Those of us that use it feel it necessary to try and keep it free of butchery. If you feel that we are giving you a hard time due to your ineptitude with our language, then go back to school, learn to read, to write, and to compose a simple sentence before you bring your ignorance onto this site.

A very good friend of mine is an accomplished mechanic. I say accomplished in meaning that he has built desert racers, mud racers, circle track cars, drag racers, and many other types. He is almost illiterate. Yet, if he were to come on to this website and post, his knowledge would be respected due to his attitude towards the people he helped.

Most of the time, acceptance can be linked towards attitude. If your attitude is not acceptable, people will find something else to bitch about.

Now, this post is not tech. To make it tech, lets add the following:

Dodge made trucks with Dana 60s.
Ford made trucks with Dana 60s
GM made trucks with Dana 60s.

Dana is an axle manufacturer that services the big 3 auto manufacturers. They buy from Dana to fill their needs. Saying a dana 60 is a Ford only part is not quite right.. the high pinion part is Ford specific. Dana 60s are a good axle that is available across the manufacturing spectrum.

good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
its a Dana axle not a ford axle!!!

It doesnt matter if it was a ford or a dodge or a goddamn yugo the axle was made by dana the only difference is what side they put the spring perch and the long tube on. I have a chevy 14 bolt and chevy dana 60 under my toyota and a Ford Dana 44 under my chevy. the reason was simply so I did not have to modify my exhaust on either truck . and my chevy is getting a divorced NP205 from the same ford as the front axle. Its the same as the chevy and dodge 205. its just if I use a divoced ford case I make a short driveshaft and crossmember and leave the stock 4l60e in place and dont have to touch my exhaust or tranny. Sometimes Its just easier to get over a silly brand name fetish and do the mod that makes more sense. if you knew how many brands share parts you might decide to take your stupid piss on ford sticker off your window.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts