Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is sittin' in the driveway finally. I need to get my TR shortened on Monday if I can find a place with a tap. Minor deal really. Just happy to move it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup :D

Specs are:
Rear IFS axle with 5.29's and a Detroit Soft Locker
D44 out of a 76~ Jeep Comanche 61" WMS-WMS, 5.38's and an ARB
Powertank UPS-10
Rancho 44044 Front Springs
All Pro 5.5" Rear Springs, Dual Tcase Skid Plate
AA Dual Tcase adapter
AA 4:1 Crawler gears for a 190:1 crawl ratio
Warn HS9500i winch
Custom front/rear bumpers on order from Rock Me Bumpers
Part's Mike high steer
Rockstomper Rock Rods
5012's front 9012's rear (or vice versa, I change my mind often )
15x8" Black Rockcrawlers w/36x12.5" SX's for the trail
15x8" Black Rockcrawlers w/35x12.5" BFG MT's for street driving
Front Driveshaft by High Angle Driveline
Rear Driveshaft done locally
Dual batts. and probably more.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
when i got to the "i change my mind often" part i realized that i had read your specs before. looks cool,i'm picking up a second t-case tomorrow!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
As long as the gears are within a reasonable amount of difference (normally I think it's like 1%), there is no problem. The problems arise when you match (or mismatch depending on how you look at it) gear ratios like a 4.10 front and a 5.38 rear.

Bones, that's one sweet ride. What kind of groundclearance do you have with that? Looks like 3feet or so!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bones said:
Well, here it is sittin' in the driveway finally. I need to get my TR shortened on Monday if I can find a place with a tap. Minor deal really. Just happy to move it :D
Hey! You were spose to call me fuckstick! :flipoff2: Lookin good.... have a :beer: and a :smokin: :D

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Looks good.................but where's the "tested" AllPro sliderz?:D

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JackA said:
Looks good.................but where's the "tested" AllPro sliderz?:D
Gotta do some clean up to the rockers panels and add some roll on bedline to "cover up" a few things. :D then the "tested" sliders will go on. Thanks
nice runner! wanna trade the sv for the supermotard???
Thanks, not at the moment, but I change my mind daily :D
Hey! You were spose to call me fuckstick!
I would have if the TR was the right lentgh :mad: but I think I can have it cut down and tapped locally if Scott is too busy to get one out this week? I do need some help bleeding the brakes if you wanna swing by some night this week? I have the day off today :(

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Looks good, but what's the perch width? I predict major tire rubbage on the springs... :(

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ErikB said:
Looks good, but what's the perch width? I predict major tire rubbage on the springs... :(
31" perches. Shouldn't be a problem since it's the same setup the Taco SASers are using.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
How many Taco SAS'ers have you talked to? IIRC, the one I talked to (NorcaVP) said his 33's rubbed...???

61" w/ 31" perches vs. 63.5" w/ 27.5" perches:

Attachments

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmmm seeing ho I DID help FlatTaco with his and once the steering stops are set, no rubbage :D I agree that your setup would be better, but this is what I had available to me.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
The wide angle lens photo on the bottom makes the difference look more than it really is, but you get an idea... 3.25" difference on each side, 2.5" if I had stuck to Toy width perches (29").

But hmmm.... thinking about it more, Stock Toy axle would be 55.5/29 which is even 1.75" less each side than you... or REALLY close to what a Toy axle w/ AP spacers would be... so maybe you'll be fine after all... Just looked bad to me at first... :emb4: :emb:

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Bones said:
Hmmmm seeing ho I DID help FlatTaco with his and once the steering stops are set, no rubbage :D
Ah, so it DOES end up rubbing and reducing steering a bit! ;)

Maybe w/ the limited steering angle of a closed-knuckle Toy axle this isn't an issue, so its only noticable w/ a 44 or similar...

So I guess what I'm trying to point out to others who follow you is, stick with the stock Toy width perches or you else you'll lose one of the benefits of the 44! :D

(I believe DSI modified his 61" Waggy axle to keep the 29" perch width... so it can be done with some work)

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ErikB said:
So I guess what I'm trying to point out to others who follow you is, stick with the stock Toy width perches or you else you'll lose one of the benefits of the 44! :D

(I believe DSI modified his 61" Waggy axle to keep the 29" perch width... so it can be done with some work)
I hear ya Erik, Like I said a full size Chevy would have been a better donor and had it cut down like you did. BTW, since you are at 27" how do you plan to do the thru-the-frame shackle hanger?

DSI just cut down the long side 3" to retain the 29" perches if I remember correctly. Maybe he cam chime in. I was going to do that, but didn't want to mess with getting the long side axle cut down aswell. The pass. side stays the same as mine is, so he has the same "limitations" as me then right? BUT it does look like he has more room than me as well? :confused:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Bones said:

DSI just cut down the long side 3" to retain the 29" perches if I remember correctly. Maybe he cam chime in.
i thought he used a wagoneer cut down to 59, 29" perches, but now has something wider, like 63" or so. thats what it looks like in that pic.....reguardless you'll be aiight i think. get us some action shots soon tho....brad

1 - 20 of 28 Posts