Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. I don't know crap about the mechanics of vehicles but I really want to learn. I also really want to build my 94' 4Runner into a good off roading (especially climbing because that's the type of terrain I come across) vehicle but I feel so lost in all the information. Maybe the majority of females aren’t cut out for mechanics.

Back to the topic - what's SAS exactly? I plan to get my stock 4 runner lifted as the first of many plans to build it up. But now I've come across this SAS information and I'm wondering if I should get this before, or after the lift. I have no idea what SAS is anyways.

All of you people seem very experienced with all this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
SAS (Solid axle swap) You should really start in the newbie section and start doing some reseach as to what you will be using your truck for. the SAS is the most popular type of lift for poeple on this site. I would reccomend it. But If you don't have any fabrication experience then I don't reccomend takeing this type of project on. I would suggest that you look for a good 4wd shop in your area that could do it for you. you will need to cut out all of your IFS front end and replace it with a 79-85 toyota front axle and leafsprings, that is the most common aplication. Is what my 91 SAS'ed looks like.http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=184186884&photoID=184187375&security=Rvexlw :D :D :D Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I know of a good 4x4 shop in my area and I know they will do things correctly for me. I just want to know bits of it myself.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Amazing how the flaming stops when the word "female" is used in the description of the poster. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:
Amazing how the flaming stops when the word "female" is used in the description of the poster. :flipoff2:

i noticed the same thing..............i didnt see any ....we need pics of your boobs......or sas means squat and squeeze......

jeeze what happen to this board... :shaking: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i bet if you go in the toyota section and do some searches and find some of the texas boys they might even be able to help you out. and point you in the right direction. i almost forgot the pirate salute :flipoff2: welcome abord beth.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:

She is 16.

She hasent begun to grow a flamesuit yet :p

Dan

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:
Maybe some people around here finally GREW UP. :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:flipoff2: silor,
dude i hope to god that your avitar is real and not just a chop, that is f'n cool....lol....i want one if it is real :D
beth welcome to the board. don't feel too bad, two years ago i didn't even know that tires came bigger than 31" or what a locker was other than where i put my gym clothes.
when you register on this board it lets you use a search engine and there is a new york sized libray of priceless information, all garnered by a collective 30,000years of experience.....amazing....
take some of this with a grain of salt and try to weed out the real tech from the folks trying to get you to spend $15k on coilovers. there are more of us wheeling on a budget than bling.
welcome to pirate :flipoff2:

·
Registered
684 Posts
aaron t said:
:flipoff2: silor,
dude i hope to god that your avitar is real and not just a chop, that is f'n cool....lol....i want one if it is real :D
beth welcome to the board. don't feel too bad, two years ago i didn't even know that tires came bigger than 31" or what a locker was other than where i put my gym clothes.
when you register on this board it lets you use a search engine and there is a new york sized libray of priceless information, all garnered by a collective 30,000years of experience.....amazing....
take some of this with a grain of salt and try to weed out the real tech from the folks trying to get you to spend $15k on coilovers. there are more of us wheeling on a budget than bling.
welcome to pirate :flipoff2:
The new fling not working out for you Aaron? :flipoff2: :p

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Beth said:
Maybe the majority of females aren’t cut out for mechanics.

nope... so show some boobies, give out random bj's and you'll have a 50K+ moon buggy in no time. welcome to pirate ya dumb ass fawkin noob :flipoff2:

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
Eric said:
Maybe some people around here finally GREW UP. :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

I wouldn't count on it. Wait a few months for a guy to ask the same question and see how many friendly responses he gets. These guys are just being nice because the user name suggests someone with a vagina....... and like typical lonely geeks/perverted old men, those guys think if they act all nice and cheerful, they may have a chance to get into said vagina. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board, Beth :flipoff2: I'd recommend looking into how much you need to do a SAS for the type of terrain you will run. Its obvious by the question you will not be doing it yourself, and it will cost you several thousand dollars for a shop to do it all. Unless you can get one of these guys to do the work......... if they are this nice after seeing a female name on a website, imagine how much you could walk on them in real life if you flirted a bit :laughing: Either way, newbie tech and the search buttons are there for a reason..... use them.
________
Launch Box

1 - 20 of 20 Posts