Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday morning skidplate mod

This was my project. 1984 CJ7, 258/T176/D300. I installed a Go2Guy clocking ring and did a bit of measuring on my skid.

I started with this:

Did some cutting and got this:

And then filled in the hole and spray bombed a bit and ended up with this:

It's not a flat skid, but it's a heckuva lot better than what was there before.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I've been thinking about Go2's clocking ring, give us a progress report and let us know what you think. I want to go with a twin stick, as well, you? Just curious...

And, by the way, skid looks better :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a piece of cake to install. Took, oh, 10 minutes to install it including loctite-ing everything. The hardest part of the whole install is figuring out when it was clocked to the t/case properly. Ken is a really nice guy to deal with too.

Twin sticks are in the future - right now I'm just trying to get the thing driveable. I still have to bend the stock t/case lever so it will fit, but that's no big deal.

I figured that for about 2 hours work I got another 2.5 inches of clearance in the center of the CJ. Best part is that it was inexpensive!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I run the go-to-guy ring and agree it was worth the money.

It provides you with three different choices clocking-wise. He told me up front I probably wouldn't be able to get a flat case (the third position) with my T-18, there would problems clearancing between the shifter and the transmission case. Fawk that. I cut half of the shifter fork ear off and ground away at the transmission housing until it worked.

I also have twin sticks. Easy enough to heat em up with the torch and bend them to where they need to be.

Hardest part of my install was bench pressing the Tcase into place each time to check if I'd ground enough tranny housing away. Took about six tries and that fawker got heavier each time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does go2guy make adapter/clocking rings as well? I need something for my 4.3/700r4 combo to hook up a D300... where can I get his info?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts