Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wish I had the money. :rolleyes:

87 Bj 75 Troopie. Desert tan in color. Rust free. Original paint.Full floating rear axle, heavy duty trussed front axle.Front discs. 3B diesel, 5spd.power steering,4.11 gears. Front winch bumper,towing package. Factory sliding rear side windows, folding rear seats,aftermarket front buckets.270 km,mint interior.Needs nothing.$22 900 OBO Canadian - E mail [email protected]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wish my gub'mint would let me have it. My Canadian is a bit rusty, but isn't C22K a lot for a 270km, 16-year old rig?
It is a damn cool truck though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about 167,770 miles and $15785US.

I think its a silly amount of money but where are you going to find another?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
isnt can to us dollars like 2to1 ? makin that lovely troopie like @10K :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Cruiser Ken said:
Nope 2:1 is not the exchange rate, it's 1.466:1, making that cruiser about $15,700.
sorry all i know was it was not one to one :D i still dont think its that bad a price but what do i know we dont have those in texas

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
wngrog said:
That thing would beat you to death
that is the truth. i used to drive one of the trucks styled like that when i was in japan and man was that thing rough! cool though:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
High5 said:

that is the truth. i used to drive one of the trucks styled like that when i was in japan and man was that thing rough! cool though:D

I drove one too. Not any worse than an FJ60, IMHO. No 75 series was ever sold by the dealers in Japan, was it US-military owned? Funny how all the 75 series on the road in Japan are imported back into the country.

Dave

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Beanz2 said:
I drove one too. Not any worse than an FJ60, IMHO. No 75 series was ever sold by the dealers in Japan, was it US-military owned? Funny how all the 75 series on the road in Japan are imported back into the country.

Dave
yes it was on the us marine corps air station in iwakuni. they used them for supply trucks. there were a few of the wagon style like the in pics but i never drove one of them.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Used to drive these for work every day, they're AWFUL on the highway on long trips, noisy, rough-riding sumbitches! That said, they're every bit a hardcore Cruiser as they come, troopies will take abuse that would crumble a 60/80 Series. Ditto for 75 series pickups, which I also drove for work. These are even *tougher* riding, especially un-loaded.

Now a SWB 70 Series, *that's* a Cruiser I regret selling, they're very fun to drive, a lot more comfortable than its 40 Series ancestors, and the power-to-weight ratio is incredible, especially on the newer petrol ones. Last time I was in Venezuela I got to drive a brand-new 4.5 1FZ-FE powered FZJ71 and it had more juice than any other Cruiser I've driven. Comfy, too, with the clear view over the sloping hood and the high sitting position.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
60seriesguy said:
Used to drive these for work every day, they're AWFUL on the highway on long trips, noisy, rough-riding sumbitches! That said, they're every bit a hardcore Cruiser as they come, troopies will take abuse that would crumble a 60/80 Series. Ditto for 75 series pickups, which I also drove for work. These are even *tougher* riding, especially un-loaded.
I didn't realize they rode so rough. Never even seen one on the street. Seen lots of BJ/FJ60's and 62's and the occasional 70.

·
Registered
163 Posts
troopies are plentiful in australia :D

i'd much prefer a 60 series cruiser though
much more comfy and not as tall as the 70s

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
wngrog said:
That thing would beat you to death, but it is still cool. You could pull up next to a lake and use the front bumper as a diving platform! :eek: :laughing:

that bumper is some homeless ghetto fab shit :eek: every now and then i come across, farm gate style bullbars (it looks like he drove through a farm gate and kept going) then i joke about still being able to see the hinges

but seriously you could park small cars on the approach angle hogging checkerplate

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
even without lift, that thing is tall, narrow and gutless, yes there are hundreds down here, although thankfully we never saw a 4 cylinder diesel version, man even worse gutless

ive seen more of these rolled and destroyed than i have driving around (ex-rental, ex-company, ex-mining, fleet, and government vehicles, and my parents owned a full spec one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts