Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a Fabtech 3.5" lift on my 94 yota 2wd. The torsion bars that came with the kit have rusted so I replaced them with SAW torsion bars I bought from performance products. The problem I have is I adjust the bars per factory instructions to the max which is a 3.5" protrustion from the bottom nut, but the front end is sitting lower than the original bars. Things I have checked already is left and right are correct, the factory part number stamp is in the front. I am kinda lost at this point. Is it ok to torque the bars way more than factory specs?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Theres not to many fans of IFS here. Theres other boards that will have alot more info for that set up.

To answer your question though,yes you can. You can even reindex the adjuster to tighten it even higher. You can only go until the a-arms hit your bumpstops though,you can't get 6" of lift with your 3.5" kit. The bad thing is,the tighter you get the adjuster,the stiffer your truck will ride. Also,the more you go the more "out of wack" your alignment will be. Years ago,when I was living in So. Cal. & into the desert racing scene, I had a 2wd Nissan with Fabtechs kit on it. A freind of mine had a 2wd Toyota with Fabtechs kit also. Both kit's were about identical,the upper A-arms were a fuzz different just cuz one was Yota and one was Nissan.

Adjust it where you want it and get the alignment redone and you'll be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts