Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #241 (Edited)
I've quit trying to explain myself I'm just gona keep gathering parts and start it when I can. My plans have changed with the new axles 35s/36s ish LSD rear open front my dad and I will 4 link the rear (technically 5linked becuase of a sway bar) sprung front tubed front clip to fit rad upfront and an interior cage. Guess what it'll be daily driven. I am done here thank you for what's been useful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Why are you putting a 3/4 ton 44 in front of a 14b your asking for problems unless your only running 37s and then your gonna drag that 14b over everything . the questions your asking are answered in almost every build thread if you just do the leg work. nobody is going to hold your hand especially when you brush off the fact that every major Sami guy has told you this idea is bad and they know it because they have already been down that road one guy in here even told you if he had the choice over again he would of never done it your going to ruin that nice Sami and either take years to complete or never finish your beating yourself before you even star
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your and idiot my dad used to wheel the hardest of telico in a yj with a Dana 35/30 stock welded f/r on 38s I'm sure a 44 would last open on 40s if drove like you knew how to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
The tracker box will work fine but isnt ideal at all. You wont get full range of steering. It should be easy to sell to a sami guy (ill buy it) and use the money for an ifs toyota box.

Or you could box in the front of your frame rails with a piece of tube and mount the tracker box sideways. All you should need to do is make a link and connect it up to the push pull J arm
You may not like the idea but atleast you are helping thank you. You've been the most helpful with my questions.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I've pretty much summed up that BW was on a different track with that samurai then mine. His is what I originally wanted but I see now it's damn near impossible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hahahaha daddy wheel hardest on a 30/35 combo on 38s by hard if you mean a dusty road but anyways you are asking for trouble in almost every aspect of your build why won't you actually listen on 40s and a v8 if you do ever finish, your 44 will be a very weak link unless your wheeling as hard as pops then you'll be fine

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Hahahaha daddy wheel hardest on a 30/35 combo on 38s by hard if you mean a dusty road but anyways you are asking for trouble in almost every aspect of your build why won't you actually listen on 40s and a v8 if you do ever finish, your 44 will be a very weak link unless your wheeling as hard as pops then you'll be fine

You're pretty ignorant. Not sure how I'm asking for trouble in EVERY aspect I have a strong rear end wiTh a locker a strong rebuilt front a rebuilt motor a strong trans and tcase. Nothing will fall apart but what ever dude.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're pretty ignorant. Not sure how I'm asking for trouble in EVERY aspect I have a strong rear end wiTh a locker a strong rebuilt front a rebuilt motor a strong trans and tcase. Nothing will fall apart but what ever dude.

LSD isn't a locker, IMO running a 44 on 40s is at if not past it's breaking point add a boat anchor for a v8 on top of it yes that is some trouble and also the countless hours of trying to shove that over sized under powered v8 into that small engine bay is actually what is ignorant all with most of what you have said in this thread now if you try and go with 35/36 inch tires witch you also said then your even more ignorant in the fact that your 14 bolt being one of the worst for clearance issues (but also bomb proof) will drag on everything people are trying to help you yes we talk shit and yes we talk to you like your 12 because most of us have been through this ourselves rethink the build do more research don't just throw things at it only to realize you wasted years and a ton of money on something that isn't worth it
Do reaserch on wheelbase on breaking points of your axle choices. your weight on each axles ground clearance issues engine room witch has been Beat into you if you don't have the money to get the right engine now your talking hiems for your 4 link in the rear coil overs or coil spring conversion dom for links retro fitting the tank for room for the axle to clear because the 14 bolt is crazy big also your stance your tires will be out past your fenders and if you go 40s your going to want over 110 wheelbase or you will be extremely tippy on Hills honestly knowledgeable advice hasn't helped so maybe once you cut up that Sami and see no progress for over a year you will have a change of mind

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Your and idiot my dad used to wheel the hardest of telico in a yj with a Dana 35/30 stock welded f/r on 38s I'm sure a 44 would last open on 40s if drove like you knew how to.
Your dad is a huge gaping vagina if he "wheeled hard" on 30/35 on 38s.

Why would you want 40s on an open 44 in a samurai? Is there some sort of benefit of a roller skate doing a one wheel peel?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,511 Posts
you will have an easier time putting that 305 into your dog, than you will your sami
Wouldn't he have to stop fucking his dog to do that??? :confused:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Wow. Now you're calling people ignorant. That's bold coming from someone who is too ignorant to take good advice.

It's going to fall apart because that 3/4ton running gear is massively heavy. As is your 305 and 435. So will whatever transfer case ends up in this mess will be. The end result is going to be massive amounts of weight hanging off a 2x4, .1" thick chassis with few, light cross members.

But hey, we're the ignorant ones. Sure.

·
Rolling Mod
41,511 Posts
Wow. Now you're calling people ignorant. That's bold coming from someone who is too ignorant to take good advice.

It's going to fall apart because that 3/4ton running gear is massively heavy. As is your 305 and 435. So will whatever transfer case ends up in this mess will be. The end result is going to be massive amounts of weight hanging off a 2x4, .1" thick chassis with few, light cross members.

But hey, we're the ignorant ones. Sure.
If he was building a buggy with samurai skins, this would be a much better idea.

·
Rolling Mod
41,511 Posts
What if he's building an unfinished project?
That truly is my guess about what's going to happen here. I've seen a lot of young kids try to build stuff and fail miserably. It's probably 15 to 1 success rate.

·
Registered
615 Posts
and that ratio applies to projects far simpler than this.
I love how he's taking our advice as a red rag to a bull rather than actual help trying to avoid a tonne of heartache and $$$ only to end up with a pile of scrap metal.

I've been there. I started a project nearly 20 years ago that was far simpler than this and it's remained unfinished to this day. Initially because I didn't have the skills to complete it, later because it turned out to be a dumb idea and didn't deserve to be finished.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
and that ratio applies to projects far simpler than this.
I love how he's taking our advice as a red rag to a bull rather than actual help trying to avoid a tonne of heartache and $$$ only to end up with a pile of scrap metal.

I've been there. I started a project nearly 20 years ago that was far simpler than this and it's remained unfinished to this day. Initially because I didn't have the skills to complete it, later because it turned out to be a dumb idea and didn't deserve to be finished.

Sounds like 75% of marriages

·
Registered
13 Posts
Daddy had to of put this thought into his head with the idea you'll be able to wheel like me son .... not at all hahahaha I've never seen anyone wheel hard on a Dana 35 let alone on 38s as for your running gear choice like I said if he wheels like daddy he will be fine if he tries at all to really wheel he will explode either ring and pinion shafts or even a knuckle if he goes to 40s
At this point it's just more humor to read

241 - 260 of 346 Posts