Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
These guys are all full of shit, build what you what and run what you bring!!!! I can't wait to see pics and vids!!! Stop asking questions and start building! I'm sure it will turn out sweet, can't wait to see this jalopy :grinpimp::grinpimp:
I'm not going to start until I have everything you can keep telling me to get to building but I'm not. I still need an engine and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Swapping in a bigger engine and HD axles is a good plan, but you should really consider swapping a 4cyl that will allow you to use the stock tranny/tcase. It will save you a shit load of time and work...plus it will function just as well when its all finished (or not finished).

Also...sell the 14b/D44 stuff and get a set of toyota axles. They wont stick out 2ft on each side of the body and will save you a shit ton of weight. Plus the swap will be pretty simple.

I understand you wanting to use what you have but its not gonna save you any money. For what a 4.3 cost you can get a 1.6 or a 2liter and have about 1/8 the work to swap it.

Pretty sure i am wasting my time typing this but i keep hoping you will realize that everyone in this thread is trying to save you a bunch of money and headache.

Honestly if you want to use the 305/4.3 and D44/14B why not just build a buggy? No need to rape a samurai in the process!

BTW...the hardest trails at Tellico were not really that hard. I loved that place but it didnt have nasty stuff like Harlan has!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Swapping in a bigger engine and HD axles is a good plan, but you should really consider swapping a 4cyl that will allow you to use the stock tranny/tcase. It will save you a shit load of time and work...plus it will function just as well when its all finished (or not finished).

Also...sell the 14b/D44 stuff and get a set of toyota axles. They wont stick out 2ft on each side of the body and will save you a shit ton of weight. Plus the swap will be pretty simple.

I understand you wanting to use what you have but its not gonna save you any money. For what a 4.3 cost you can get a 1.6 or a 2liter and have about 1/8 the work to swap it.

Pretty sure i am wasting my time typing this but i keep hoping you will realize that everyone in this thread is trying to save you a bunch of money and headache.

Honestly if you want to use the 305/4.3 and D44/14B why not just build a buggy? No need to rape a samurai in the process!

BTW...the hardest trails at Tellico were not really that hard. I loved that place but it didnt have nasty stuff like Harlan has!
Good call on the toy axles, if he do not want full width.

I know I do not have a sammy but had a sidekick and now a 2nd gen tracker, but the 4.3 is the best thing I've done, loads of torque, reasonable HP and mostly, no more blown 2.0l...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Lmao!!!! I can't believe you guys are continuing to give this yellow fool advice!!! You guys are getting trolled HARD!!! LMAO
Yep. Occasionally "agrees" enough to keep everybody interested that he might be learning, then starts all the nonsense again to get us all fired up and writing long posts. The 305 thing was played out, so he's moved on- "choosing" the worst possible axles for the "project" to keep us typing away.

Next he'll suggest putting rack and pinion steering in it or something just to stop the thread dying.

Well played yello, well played.

You can let us know who you actually are now.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
because ive read through this entire thread...youve bounced around with more "im going this direction now" ideas than i can remember. You sound young, which is fine, but it also leads me to believe that the knowledge, and more importantly the funds to make this happen are all but a pipe dream. Thats cool that your dad is Mr. Welder. I've also heard and read that 1000x on here before too.....

You remind me a lot of how i was(and still am). Big plans for a project that never come to fruition but sure are fun to talk about.

I HONESTLY hope im wrong and you build the biggest baddest sami PBB has even seen and you shut all of us up. i really do. But i know im right and thats whats sucks

·
Registered
618 Posts
i predict that this sami will never get built in any way shape or form.....
That's a pretty safe prediction.
There will be the obligatory photos of everything cut to pieces, mocked up and supported on cinder blocks, and maybe tacked together with boogerwelds, then it will vanish once the reality of how dumb the idea is, and the skills gap becomes obvious.

That's of course if any of this was real. Which it isn't.

Damn! Fallen for the troll again by responding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
That's a pretty safe prediction.
There will be the obligatory photos of everything cut to pieces, mocked up and supported on cinder blocks, and maybe tacked together with boogerwelds, then it will vanish once the reality of how dumb the idea is, and the skills gap becomes obvious.

That's of course if any of this was real. Which it isn't.

Damn! Fallen for the troll again by responding.
If it's booger weld it was by me lol. You can think this is a troll but it's Not it will however be a little time before I actually start you will just have to bear with me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"I've pretty much summed up that BW was on a different track with that samurai then mine. His is what I originally wanted but I see now it's damn near impossible."

As cool as Sasquatch is I don't think I would do it again, EVER. It's been a very very long road and we are still working the bugs out. But the work involved and coolness don't come close to being equal. After a while it gets personal enough you just have to finish it, Or give up and get rid of it.
If I were to do it again I would start with a stocker and make small improvements as I gained experience or as things broke. BW

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
"I've pretty much summed up that BW was on a different track with that samurai then mine. His is what I originally wanted but I see now it's damn near impossible."

As cool as Sasquatch is I don't think I would do it again, EVER. It's been a very very long road and we are still working the bugs out. But the work involved and coolness don't come close to being equal. After a while it gets personal enough you just have to finish it, Or give up and get rid of it.
If I were to do it again I would start with a stocker and make small improvements as I gained experience or as things broke. BW
Yeah I think everyone has talked me out of the v8 I'm going to try and get ahold of my neighbor with a Oldsmobile bravado and a 4.3 he's trying to sell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Everyone told us "it's not easy to put a v6 in a sammie". So we didn't try. Thats the smart mouth come back we have used to nay sayers. Ours came with a knocking v6 so there was some work to be done. Everytime we looked closer at the crapmanship, we groaned more. Nothing fit or worked together. The drive shaft angles were so bad it only idled around in two wheel drive. We have built many race cars from the ground up and this was by far the hardest thing we have ever done. It is going to be the last and I look back and think we got very lucky at many times. Study v6 and 4 cyl builds and the time it took. Most of the newer v6's and some 4's make more power than we have. Don't over look them thinking more cubes are better. A newer 4 for an older 4 would get great resulsts with minimum fuss and headaches. Keep us informed how things line up as you go. BW

·
Registered
618 Posts
Don't be fooled RSwords.

Troll is just saying this stuff to prevent the thread dying. Remember, thread goes quiet - troll agrees with something we've said just so he can bask in the attention some more.

281 - 300 of 346 Posts