321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #323 (Edited)
No I'm still here. Lmao I'm sure you guys looove that, I check back about once a week I've realized asking for opinions is not a good idea for me. I'm currently working on a 93 Oldsmobile bravado that I got for $350 entire car it's actually pretty nice. It's got a 4.3 with 170k on it I've got it to run now it's time to sell everything off of the yellow thing lol.. I've still got d44/14b sm465 and all. There will be occasionally updates but I'm not focused on the thread anymore.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #325 (Edited)
Well for a high school kid who barely started driving with no fab skills I think a stock 60hp samurai is a good start.
You can think what you want but I've been doing this a few days. I've DD and weekend wheeled a 60hp zuk for a year now and I'm bored. I've road/spotted and even drove some bad ass rigs that were Daily driven. I know what it takes to build what I want and I know how hard it is to walk the line from trailer queen and DD. And I like how you make assumptions over the Internet when you don't know a thing about me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
I do have one question. What vehicles would I look for to find a divorced 205 case in?? Must be passenger drop. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,255 Posts
I do have one question. What vehicles would I look for to find a divorced 205 case in?? Must be passenger drop. Thanks

Old big 4x4 chevys at the junk yard????

Will a 205 physically fit between the frame rails, and will the front driveline clear the frame/ front leaf springs or links? Im pretty sure that not only will it not, but it wont even be remotly close. The stock sami case only has a little clearance to spare. We already know you wont take advice but id look at fitting a toyota case.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Old big 4x4 chevys at the junk yard????

Will a 205 physically fit between the frame rails, and will the front driveline clear the frame/ front leaf springs or links? Im pretty sure that not only will it not, but it wont even be remotly close. The stock sami case only has a little clearance to spare. We already know you wont take advice but id look at fitting a toyota case.
Ok most chevrolets have mated cases atleast I thought. And I need to keep it divorced so unless there is a cheap way to make a yota case divorced that's a no go. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You can think what you want but I've been doing this a few days. I've DD and weekend wheeled a 60hp zuk for a year now and I'm bored. I've road/spotted and even drove some bad ass rigs that were Daily driven. I know what it takes to build what I want and I know how hard it is to walk the line from trailer queen and DD. And I like how you make assumptions over the Internet when you don't know a thing about me.
I'm making an educated guess based on your lack of understanding and comprehension on what all fabrication is necessary to install said drivetrain into a samurai, your poor grammar, and almost daily mind changing of what you're doing with your samurai. Based off those points I'm guessing you're either in high school still, or fresh out of, with not much experience in real world fabrication. Either way, welcome to pirate. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
14,255 Posts
Ok most chevrolets have mated cases atleast I thought. And I need to keep it divorced so unless there is a cheap way to make a yota case divorced that's a no go. Thank you.

Ok so how are you going to fit a 205... Mated or divorced, and how are you going to run your frint driveline in the same place as your passenger side frame rail?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Your near constant questioning of "how do I make this/fit this/bolt this/what goes with this" also leads me to believe that you're not at a point yet where a Chevy v8 drivetrain swap is feasible.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You'd be wiser to listen rather than laughing.

Assuming you're not a troll (which isn't clear at all), the fail in this thread is spectacularly obvious to everyone except you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just to add my personnal touch here lol I am currently finishing a 4.3/4L60e/NP233 (note it is not a V8) in a 2001 tracker (note that there is a lot more room in there than in a Sammy) And some parts were pretty complicated to figure out. Like clearancing the floor for the Tcase, opening the tunnel for the transmission etc...

So nothing is impossible, you just have to figure the cost (price as well as labour time) vs the benefits of the swap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Right that sounds cool. well I have changed my mind again lol I got a entire Oldsmobile bravado with a 4.3 for $350 so that's what's going in my rig now. I know I change my mind a lot I can't help it though lol.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Lmao just answer the fawning question.
You're (you+are) a dumbass. Drink bleach, stick your dick in a blender, and slit your wrists long ways. Trust me, you'll be doing the world a favor.

P.S. Your mom should have swallowed.
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
You're (you+are) a dumbass. Drink bleach, stick your dick in a blender, and slit your wrists long ways. Trust me, you'll be doing the world a favor.

P.S. Your mom should have swallowed.
:flipoff2:
alright thanks. I'm glad you get angry over the Internet...

321 - 340 of 346 Posts