Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any SBC 350 Rams Horn manifolds they want to get rid of? (Center Dump)
Thanks
LocoJoe

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will have to be more specific on those manifolds, they all have center dump but some are angled back. They can be found in local junk yards rather easily , they were used by gm for years on everything from pick ups to school buses and everything in between. Depending on which style you are after for your truck either straight down or angled. Check for them on odler chevy trucks which use the angled back type or on older impala's and buses which are straight down. Another option is to ask any dirt track racers you may know as they are the hot ticket for making power with stock manifolds.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Got a set from a Chevy truck. The are good condition and don't require any work to use them. They have the air ports on them, but I plugged those with pipe caps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may sound freaky, however, I have checked with tow companies and three or four wrecking yards in and around Red Bluff. None of them have any, seems that someone has been scooping them up.

By the way, which is better or more preferred, the angled or the straight down?

Thanks
Loco

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Most of the ones that I have seen used are straight down. That is not to say that you couldn't use the angled back one, but it really depends on which ones are better for your setup.
The ones that I am selling are the straight down ones. I would be happy to work a deal with you if you want them.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
when i bought mine i got them off e-bay. they had several sets on there. i found a set from a 'vette and bought those.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you need both sides or just one? straight down or angled back? I'm one of the assholes from the Chico/Red Bluff area that scooped a few of them up...Sorry:flipoff2:

I use the straight down ones and run the passenger side pipe under the pan of the 327 into one pipe back to the muffler.

Used to be able to buy them new at any Chevy dealer (Whittmeir in Chico)for $75ea a few years ago, might want to check that out. I know the ones I have are pretty rusty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
YOU CAN BUY STRAIGHT ONES FROM CHEVY OR YOU CAN BUY FROM A MUFFLER SHOP IF THE SHOPS LOOK A YOU FUNNY CALL ME I CAN GET THEM I SELL THEM ALL THE TIME TO THE FARMERS AROUND HERE THE A USE ALOT

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Getthe straight dumps and get this crossover, 1966 1/2 ton Chevy pickup
Search here "Crossover texican" and find the part number.
Butch

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yup,
Thats how mine are done. There is/was a set of new manifolds on ebay this last week.

Search for "rams horn" on EBAY motors. You want straight down ones. I'm told the angled ones break off at the bend.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
texican said:
Getthe straight dumps and get this crossover, 1966 1/2 ton Chevy pickup
Search here "Crossover texican" and find the part number.
Butch
Tex.. I read your post. Is it a must to use the blank heat riser spacers? I am running a 305 SBC and will use the crossover pipe. I assume I need to ust the risers or the pipe will hit the pan?

I am running my exhaust on the drivers side as yours is pictured.. since I have a Confer aux gas tank what muffler and route would you suggest. Do you go out perpindicular to the frame with the muffler and then the tail pipe behind the rear wheel?
Any pics or suggestion?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'll try to get pix of my setup. I used the spacer from Texican (or a heatriser will work if you have a good one). I followed the OEM routing, dumping out the left rear behind the tire (mine is a 71....that is stock location that year). Wish my exhaust guy had done a better job of bending, but it works.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
yoda said:
I'll try to get pix of my setup. I used the spacer from Texican (or a heatriser will work if you have a good one). I followed the OEM routing, dumping out the left rear behind the tire (mine is a 71....that is stock location that year). Wish my exhaust guy had done a better job of bending, but it works.
Do you have aux tank ?
Did you run the muffler inline with the frame or perpindicular ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
joe you can get them brand new from gm......pretty cheap too considering what you will pay for old rusty ones at the yard.....i got an excellent used pair from a friend....they are the big vette ones,they flow like headers , straight dump, big collecter (i use 2.5 inch gasket) most of the reg. car ones are smaller.......set it up with flat coll. gaskets (sce pro copper, part #sce-4250 @summit)not composit or the stock doughnut ....they won't last......i also run a gutted heat riser for the smog visual ;) ..don't tell anyone :D

good luck

hey how did the chainsaw wound come out?:eek:

glenn

·
Registered
139 Posts
my 2 cents. I Hve the same set up described by Butch. Got manifolds from ebay also. I spent the extra $$ and had them ceramic coated by HPC. I ran one w/o coating and one with for a week and measured temps. The coated one ran about 40-50% cooler. (Search the board, I think I posted my results). Plus, they will never rust and you won't have to go through this again.
HPC

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GOT SOME!!!

Just won a pair on e-bay. Got em for just under $80.00 with shipping. Thanks alot for all of your help gentlemen.
LocoJoe

·
Registered
139 Posts
Way to go! I think I had to find my separately. One for $25 and the other went for $120?! I would still suggest that you think about coating them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coating manifolds

I already contacted HPC and printed out the e-mail that I am supposed to send with the Manifolds. I will probably just send them in the box that I get them in.

Thanks again.
LocoJoe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts