Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your pics of the mounts you used for your SBC conversion...I need to make some and I need to know where to locate them...just picked up a 305 TBI complete with harness and computer plus the 700R4 for $500...gonna drop it in this month...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Dave, if you feel like another drive to Pioneer you can check out the ones I built for my 40. They're a copy of the ones that you can buy from Advance Adaptors.
It would be easy to fab up a set.
BTW how'd those bellhousings work out for you ?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you bet ya....

Hey Reddog, I might just take you up on that...that way I could take pics and measurements...the bellhousing works perfect...mated right up to the 420...Thanks again...I have everything except the flywheel and clutch parts...just about there....I'll call ya!

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
chevy mounts

Here's a shot of the set up I made.
Simple. Cheap and it works.

.250" mild steel plate drilled in the chevy block mounting pattern
Cut a 45 degree chop off a length of 1.50" x .125" thick square tubing.

Position and weld.
I sawed the top off of the tube to expose the lower surface to drill the through hole to mount to the 40 frame.

I you want dimensions, Pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
To mount to the frame, I sized up some .250" thick mild steel scabplates and welded them in place.
The mount itself is a 3.00" x 3.00" wide slice of heavy "L" steel .
I sliced up gussets to support the mount and welded them outboard on the "L".
A couple of .500"drilled holes through the mount @ 1.50" on center and then clean 'em up, shoot them with paint and you are good to go.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts