Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up, you post an ad looking for something, you get a pm from a new member that his friend has one, sends you a couple pics from old eBay ads or whatever turns up on a search, sends you a PayPal acct, venmo etc, and your shit never shows up.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,509 Posts
I’ve done a few IP bans for that. Notify one of the mods to get him banned next time somebody messages you “hey, my buddy has that, text him at 123-456-7809”

It has been going on for a while, hard to catch.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Had one a while ago when I was looking for some 60 gears. I messaged back and asked “thick cut? Standard or reverse rotation?” His response was “just email him and ask him” Passed on that one cause it seemed fishy. No posts and a week old join date.

·
Registered
50 Posts
These scammers strike again! I just got a reply to a wanted ad I posted a while back, exact same scenario. Very early on when this first started happening I fell prey to this on a Toyota r150 bellhousing... Lost $130.

The latest, from "kyle452":

"Have you checked with Osbey in 30349 via merry2659 @GMail.com,he has a Toyota 8" High Pinion he wants to part with."

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just got fucked for $400 for some king shocks.....son of a bitch. That fucking Osbey guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lucky for him, I happen to work for the FBI. Another guy in my local wheeling club is a floor up and down the hall in their cyber crimes division. I hate scammers. Hope he enjoys the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me same reply saying his buddy has one. But he ain’t too smart he used the exact same description as a local ad that I found on facespace of course this guy was real and the guy with no posts on here was a scammer, at least I didn’t send him money.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
1 more reason I Always use a CC when I send money, I will Not use any app that does a direct withdrawal from my checking account. Always use the CC, if it is a scam, call and get your money back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah and dont use friends and family on paypal when you send money.
What a way to make some money, off people that need parts...scum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts