Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 FJ Cruiser, 72 F250 CrewCab
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I just want to let you know of scams that people are trying. I've gotten two of them after posting a Wanted add. They send you a private message outside of the wanted add saying they have a lead on the item you want and to e-mail a person and state their e-mail. If you get one of these e-mails, look at when that person joined prior to replying. If they haven't posted at all and have joined within the last day, it's most likely a scam. Below are two people who have tried this with me. I've reported both to the Admins.

Jamesonbelly
fredrickmattew918

beware if either of them have tried to contact you about an item they may (not) have.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,249 Posts
Unfortunately, that is happening more and more. I band those two and recorded their IP’s. I hate to say it but you should be very careful buying things off pirate right now. Particularly from people that are recently registered with low post counts.

·
Registered
07 FJ Cruiser, 72 F250 CrewCab
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it was pretty obvious when the first guy wouldn't answer a specific question and then when I said I could pick it up starting making excuses to ship it. I've been around way too long to know it's a scam. It's started happening on other sites as well. Thanks for staying on top of it as best you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts