Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna be honeymooning in the mountains near SLC in may and i was hoping that there'd be a couple trails nearby that would be scenic enough for me to justify a 4wheeling trip during our honeymoon to my new bride, but that would be easy enough to take a rented 4wd through. not necessarily looking for simply dirt roads, but definitely not looking for a chance to get stuck or body damage. ya'll share what you know. thanks.
-Gareth
ps - if theres anything else in the area that you think we should definitely check out post that, too

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welp... appreciate that. at least i know someone read the post. i was just hoping someone would have a little jewel for me. oh well, i guess i'll just keep doing my own research.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
sorry you cant get any better help. Try some local clubs out that way, google them or try Jeepforum as there are are always folks on there that will help. I've only been on the two roads mentioned:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
trails

theres a few trails up here. theres a place called little moab and big dog, not real big but fun. two trails called constictor and rattlesnake that are fun. the last 2 are longer trails. mostly canyons, trails leading to old mines or ghost towns. Dwayne

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There is American fork canyon, it is just south of SLC. There is the a lot of easy trails east of Park city. You can always head south to Price and drive through San Rafael Swell. I dont know if you want hard core or just drop into low range and go for a fun ride.

We have 5 mile OHV area there are the two easy trails out there and that is about it. Utah BLM SLC office does not like off road people.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies guys. it sounds like i've got some options! i'm definitely not looking for hardcore (its a rental vehicle) and my fiancee isn't into 4wheelin... yet. so its necessary that the trails have either great scenery or a great destination. we're staying in the snowbird area if that helps with any suggestions. thanks again, fellas.
-Gareth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts