Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Rotten Sperm
6,517 Posts
Reporting in on my 06 Xterra that I picked up

Black exterior, Black interio, OffRoad package, Rockford Fosgate Stereo Upgrade

If you are deciding between an 06 and an 07 and you want to use your MP3 player in the car, get the 07 with the rockford stereo upgrade. The 06 upgrade is identical to teh 07 exept in the one thing that the 07 has an AUX input. The 06 doesn't have that (fawkers at the stealership lied to me) so I basicly can't use my MP3 player in the car

Offroad package is sweet... Def spring for it if you plan to drive through nasty stuff

I will never wheel this (I may have a scewed view of what wheeling is :evil: ) but it gets me around in deep snow

That and I am having a hard time getting use to teh XTerra's trasmission. It's nothing like the 42RE in my jeep.

Other than that stuff, it has been a kick ass ride

Attachments

·
Rotten Sperm
6,517 Posts
Nice X!!! What's different about the trannys?

Theres a 5 or 6 speed manual (which I didn't get) and the auto (I don't remember the number of speeds).

The auto is a little funny to drive... In my jeep, if I gas it hard and I want the trans to shift early, I get off of the gas, the trans shifts and then I stomp on the skinny petal again and it goes. With the Xterra, if you let off of the gas to see if you can get it to shift early, the RPMs get squirly and it will shift late... looks like I am going to have to change my driving style

21 - 24 of 24 Posts