Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all scout 44's the same width, i searched until my but fell asleep and all i got were different answers, some say 58.5 some say 60.5, are these different widths for different year models or are they just inccorect answers, ive got a line on a IH 44 for $200 and i would rather not have to put spacers to get the right width for my YJ

·
Registered
515 Posts
not sure of the width but i put a '79 scout D44 in my TJ (TJ's are the same width as a YJ) and I had to put a 1/2" spacer on each side and my 38's still touch the frame at full compression.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Braden Willard said:
not sure of the width but i put a '79 scout D44 in my TJ (TJ's are the same width as a YJ) and I had to put a 1/2" spacer on each side and my 38's still touch the frame at full compression.

i really want to stay away from spacers but what type of spacer do u run, is it a ring that just moves the rim away from the WMS or is it similar to a D300 clocking ring with new studs, if so were they aluminum, where, and $$$??, i plan on putting disks on before it is installed and i dont really like the idea of a spacer on just the roter, it just doesnt seem stout enough with with a thin aluminum plate

·
Registered
515 Posts
a buddy machined them for me. they are 1/2" steel with five holes to slide over the studs. I used them on drums and rotors, I've had no problems with the lugs coming loose. Or with steel you could also tack them to the drum or rotor but not necessary. just buy longer studs to make up the difference in the spacer.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
i have a d44 out of a 78 in the rear of my yj an it is exactly 58 inches. i sold the front d44 and it measure the exact same( ofcourse) but i dont know about any other years. rear d44s can go to hell, d60 here i come. oh and this is to ox trax:flipoff2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts