Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched the posts for the answer to this question and to no avail.

I have a new Master cylinder and 8" booster I bought from Jeg's and was wondering if I can mount it with the front of the master cylinder tilting up, like you would see in an old school Camero/Chevy. Do I need to build a brakect to keep it level and cut into the fender for clearence? With the addition of the booster I will need to hack into the fender, if I can bolt it straight to the existing firewall it will be tilted up but then I do not need to hack into the fender.

Help Please.

Thanks,

Idus25

·
Registered
943 Posts
idus25 said:
I have searched and searched the posts for the answer to this question and to no avail.

I have a new Master cylinder and 8" booster I bought from Jeg's and was wondering if I can mount it with the front of the master cylinder tilting up, like you would see in an old school Camero/Chevy. Do I need to build a brakect to keep it level and cut into the fender for clearence? With the addition of the booster I will need to hack into the fender, if I can bolt it straight to the existing firewall it will be tilted up but then I do not need to hack into the fender.

Help Please.

Thanks,

Idus25
So what does this have to do with 'Scout 800 Power Steering"??? :confused:

Maybe if you had searched for "Power Brakes" you might have gotten more info. Do a search here for "hydroboost" for a few threads...

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
If you run hydroboost it is offset a bit and will be closer to clearing the wheelwell. I don't have an 800 so I can't answer it for sure, but i did do it in my 80 and just cut the wheelwell out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 1968 Scout 800. And to whom ever is questioning it is brakes. I am sorry for the type'o. but it sh** happens.

Thanks,

Idus25

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes you can tilt the master.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
idus25 said:
It is a 1968 Scout 800. And to whom ever is questioning it is brakes. I am sorry for the type'o. but it sh** happens.

Thanks,

Idus25

Fab it, bolt it, cut it....just make what you buy or find fit...No two conversions will ever be the same...

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Stick or auto?

I was looking at Dodge van in the junkyard the other day & noticed that booster/MC is rotated 45* toward the engine (parallel to the firewall).

Would probably only work with an Auto though.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
VancoPBS said:
Yes you can tilt the master.
Still got that 80 plate I sent to ya? I might be finally working on my rig soon and we can have a documented 80 power brake install :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Brandon said:
Still got that 80 plate I sent to ya? I might be finally working on my rig soon and we can have a documented 80 power brake install :D
Yep!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts