Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched the posts for the answer to this question and to no avail.

I have a new Master cylinder and 8" booster I bought from Jeg's and was wondering if I can mount it with the front of the master cylinder tilting up, like you would see in an old school Camero/Chevy. Do I need to build a brakect to keep it level and cut into the fender for clearence? With the addition of the booster I will need to hack into the fender, if I can bolt it straight to the existing firewall it will be tilted up but then I do not need to hack into the fender.

Help Please.

Thanks,

Idus25

· Registered
737 Posts
idus25 said:
I have searched and searched the posts for the answer to this question and to no avail.

I have a new Master cylinder and 8" booster I bought from Jeg's and was wondering if I can mount it with the front of the master cylinder tilting up, like you would see in an old school Camero/Chevy. Do I need to build a brakect to keep it level and cut into the fender for clearence? With the addition of the booster I will need to hack into the fender, if I can bolt it straight to the existing firewall it will be tilted up but then I do not need to hack into the fender.

Help Please.

Thanks,

Idus25
So what does this have to do with 'Scout 800 Power Steering"??? :confused:

Maybe if you had searched for "Power Brakes" you might have gotten more info. Do a search here for "hydroboost" for a few threads...

· "All Weeee Drive!"
10,975 Posts
Stick or auto?

I was looking at Dodge van in the junkyard the other day & noticed that booster/MC is rotated 45* toward the engine (parallel to the firewall).

Would probably only work with an Auto though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.