Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Maybe he should finish one project before starting another...
So it is illegal to have more than one project at once? gasp! I am turning my neighbor in with his 2 jeeps!

seriously though, why cant he have 2 projects going at the same time, as long as he is building something he shouldnt have to take all this crap about his junk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
iv got 3 projects, a needy GF all on top of college and work. But then again maybe thats why i am still trying to wrap up my soa from 2 1/2 years ago:shaking:

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK its been a while but i got leafspring bushings installed new taillights + i got it road worthy! new brakes:) change oil in front and rear diff front looks perfect and the rearend i had to replace missing teeth:smokin: but here are some pics of it

What would be considered not road worthy?

QUOTE]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
loved moab went for a week I tested it on some #3 rated trails to see what would happen, then stepped up too #4 trails I did Metal Masher And poison spider or something lke that But the dana 27/30 Held up great no problems :D but just in case I picked up a Set of axles A GM 14 bolt and front 10 bolt il post pics of them soon!

and the ol poser haha

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Looks like wheeling to me :smokin:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
it was great :smokin: hope my rig will keep doing well for me but before i do anymore #4 trails I need a roll cage and propane injection!!! thats soon to come and il keep updated

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Looks like you had fun, and that is what counts, but I would be reluctant to call either MM or PS a solid 4... I am sure those trails were a lot of fun in that rig though...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Is that like a 4 out of 10 or what?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Scout 80/800 steering makes me cry its so sad. There is where i would spend the coin next.

- jason

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
no sir on the one to five scale by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers it was a four:D
Wait. Are you saying you took that scout on a 4 out of 5 trail? You have stock axles and no power steering right? No offence, but I don't believe it. If that was the case, you'd have much more interesting photos and action shots not poser shots. I know people say Moab makes wheeling easy, but those pictures don't show the level of difficulty I've seen from other peoples pictures.

Perhaps there is a big jump in difficulty from 4 to 5. :confused:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
No the trails he did are solid 3 (IMHO), I have seen basically stock wranglers on both trails. Poison spyder is a fun trail, with a couple of fun wheelbase obstacles, I guess with a short wheelbase double whammy and the far left line on the waterfall. could maybe be a low 4 obstacles...Did you run rock chucker or MIL on Metalmasher, they are both tougher obstacles but optional

Moab is easy and I think some of the trails are overrated. Seems like a lot of the books rate a trail by it's hardest obstacle...

RR4W say "4 Trail either never bladed or badly eroded. Stock vehicles are in jeopardy. Modifications for improved off-road performance and top driving skills needed."

Not trying to knock your fun...just sayin'

·
Registered
16 Posts
after reading this whole thread, you peckerheads who gave this guy crap should be ashamed of yourselves. This guy took a vehicle that is at least 30 years older than himself and rebuilt it as he saw fit and took it wheeling. i envy the dick. I've owned 3 scouts in my life and probably spent less than a week in combined time on the trail. His truck looks great and he's having fun. What more should anyone ask for? I miss my scouts and will have one again someday. keep wheeling and relax!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Quick question if i minispool my frontend and twinstick my tcase when i need to turn in fourwheel drive can i just put the frontend in neutral then turn or am i going to have to get out and unlock one of my hubs????:confused:

181 - 200 of 250 Posts