Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since search is down i cant pull up the old thread i used to reference for info like this. I found a scout with a t-19 and D300 texas dana 300 i intend to remove the dana 300 and install it behind my t-18 is the bull gear and spline count the same on the t-19 main shaft as it is in a t-18. and is the bull gear held on by the 1-1/2" nut like in the D20 that is behind the t-18 currently or does it just unbolt and slide off like a D300 on a jeep tranny? also on the scout d300 does the d300 tailhousing just slip out once un-bolted or is it like the jeep d300 in that respect.

Reason i ask all this is i know that i will need a 9/16" wrench and a few other blessed tools to get the t-case off the adapter in the junk-yard but need to know what other tools to pack up there. this junk yard isnt exactly close to home and loading up my tool box isnt in the cards since im on a road trip. but grabbing this t-case is definately something i want to do since my 20 is off with a cracked housing anyways.

Thanks for the info
D

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
here's a pic of a T-19 with the texas adatper and and a Scout 300 bull gear installed.

and no, the rear output shaft cannot be removed through the rear of the case. it comes out through the hole in the front of the case. the Scout 300 case disassembles exactly like the Jeep 300 case (except for the Jeep input assembly, of course).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys looks like i'll be buying a breaker bar and a 1-1/2" socket tomarrow since the traveling tool bag isnt setup for much past wheel bearings, brakes, fan hub and fuel line stuff. thanks you again for the picts and the info exactly what i was thinking (hoping for in terms of the t-case) and looking for in terms of simplicity

have a great night

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't think mine had a 1 1/2" nut. I believe it was either a 1 1/4" or 1 5/16" if memory serves me correctly.

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Mechanos said:
Come to think of it, I don't think mine had a 1 1/2" nut. I believe it was either a 1 1/4" or 1 5/16" if memory serves me correctly.

Just did one to an auto. I think it was a 1 1/4" nut. Used the boxed end and another wrench for leverage to R&R it.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a sawzall to the floor and a battery powered 1/2" impact with a 1-1/4 socket. 9/16" & 1/2" wrenches and 25 minutes later i had the t-case in the wheelbarrow and was off and running. should say the damn mud was 3" deep under the scout and the water was running through there like a creek. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts