Pirate 4x4 banner

Scout 800 or scout II ? 304 or 345 ?

• Total voters
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You’ve given nothing but the already known. Find somewhere else to be a little bitch !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
That was definitely not U.S. troops in that pic. Scouts in Vietnam ? Quite possibly, but Not one old scout ever came through any base I was Based as a mechanic at in the Army, or Nat. Guard through the 80’s, and we dealt with a lot of old Vietnam era vehicles back then.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Find someone with access to the Scout accessories catalog. Someone on Binderplanet.com likely has one. A lot of the parts were aftermarket but licenced through IH to sell as dealer accessories.
I’d have to get in touch with one of the main international harvester fanatics. I’ve spoke to, and contacted many, but no one that could answer that question yet. There were so many not in any book. Certain years you could get anything at all from the factory because sales were so low. They bent over backwards to sell scouts. That’s why there were far fewer produced than say broncos and Chrysler with the Jeep already had a big following from military guys. So, unfortunately, I’ll probably never get this question answered unless it’s already the answer I suspect, an unanswerable question.
I just went thru the catalog I have here from late 1979 and it does not have such an item.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts