Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
How's the front clearance going to be between the oilpan and the links?

This

I had my uppers triangulated on my first 4 link setup. Altho they worked amazing, I put the links thru my oil pan the first time I jumped it at TTC.

I ended up just running the uppers parallel to the frame. Stil plenty stable with just the lowers triangulated.

Either bump stop the hell out of it or think about something different.

It looks VERY similar to my first setup. Even the coils bowing out!

What I did to help correct that was run a piece of cable between the 2 coils. I just ratched straped them til they were straight then ran the cable. i never had a problem after that. It even made Petersens mag for a neat moab trick section a few years back.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
One more thing

What coils are those?

They look like the CAGE bronco coils.

If they are....they were to soft for me. That was what I bought first and with the weight of the 345 over them they bottomed out sitting in the driveway.

I had to buy some Deaver coils from Bronco graveyard to hold the ol boat anchor up

·
Registered
142 Posts
The coil springs are toms bronco and I do think they are to soft so if you want to trade I would love to. With the oil pan issure I have measured and I should be fine running with a 351w. I have now 9" of uptravel in the front and I need to limit that down and my oil pan is still 2" away. I dont want it tall and should be about the same height as old one. BTW the old one is for sale

·
Registered
142 Posts
Getting closer, now its time to focus on the 351w and 5 speed to 203, 205 doubler. Plus need to finish the front bumber and paint. The brown scout is for sale.

·
Registered
142 Posts
More pics are coming soon. I just ordered the wheels and tires, and been working on the motor. Money is getting short and running out of things to do.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What wheels and tires did you get? I noticed we have both been trying to get the same tires in Cali.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I decided to go with the one's that I want so I ordered 42x15x17in Pitbulls with soft 8 wheels, 2 1/2 backspacing, I can add beadlocks later.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Have you got your PBR's yet I tried to order the same tire today but pitbull only had 3 left.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok after this weekend I should have more pics up. I have my PBR and the motor in the hole. Making cross member now. I want to take pics with it at ride height. It would be almost complete, at least on the out side. lol

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hows the Scout coming? Do you have any updated pics of how you did the crossmember with the 203/205 in there? I saw the Scout you sold posted on Craigslist. That was fast.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So my rims didnt show up and that sucks, Should be here later in the week. So for now going to do the cross member and I will take pics. Hopefully by next week I will be taking pics of the whole rig together. Then its all the little thing to be delt with, brake lines, wiring and gears. oh what fun it is.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Skid plate/cross member and new pics

Ok got alot done this week on spring break. I moved the front end up and down to check clearance and its works awesome and no hitting. Skid plate turned good but it was a bitch to build, took 3 days with the first day just thinking about how to start. Tires are looking good and I like how it sits. I like it.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts