Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Been a long time out

So its been a long time since I have been on here but I wanted to catch all of you up on some of the new things I have been doing to the scout. First the reason I have been away is that I have been enjoying my new job working at Butte College as the farm manager. Oh yah worked on IHforever scout for a wail as will. Now for all the good stuff,

1) New roll cage for the kids,
2) coilovers in the front
3) new motor with more power, still a 351w
4) new front and rear seat out of ford mustang that all match,
5) and got some new awesome lights for it. Now I can see further than I can threw a bowling ball.

Going up to Fordyce this weekend so I'm going to get some good pictures of the work and will be posting next week sometime. This is just a teaser. lol
If anyone up there this weekend, stop on by and say hi, will be camped at Meadow Lake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey scout tanks who's steering arms are you running and what is the clearance between the tie rod and pumpkin for mock up purposes. Have a good time

·
Registered
142 Posts
fordyce

We had lots of fun up in Fordyce but broke some stuff. First we blew a tire on I 80 but fixed that, went down to committee crossing the first day and had a blast. Second day broke stub shaft and drove out in three wheel drive. Swapped axle out of tuck and went back down. Had to do a few parts runs for others. that night twisted the front drive line and drove out in two wheel drive from winch hill three. We had to winch a little on winch hill four but made it out. The scenery was awesome. Scoutboy broke front stub shaft, tie rod end and his brakes went out, Oh yah blew the tranny in the tow rig. Pics to come.

·
Registered
142 Posts
this was last year before the coilovers and now there is more flex.

Sadly I will never be able to go through the squeeze ever again, the trail is pretty bad now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
scouttanks, that is an awesome rig, would you recommend the Wildhorses coils over any other?
I'm currently taking out the leafs and deciding which coils to get...
thx.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So here I go again. I don't get on here as much these days with work and all. I will post pictures later but for now I have bump stops, headers, 35 spline outers, with hubs, and the big one Reid knuckles. I broke two in on year and I will not do that again. As for the springs run wild horse always. I tried other and they work and soft or hard but they break down fast or bow out. Wild horse works good and don't break down. I still have a set running in the rear and I heated them to the ride height and still working with no issues and not sagging down. WILD HORSE.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts