Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 317 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Its efficiency and depending how you flex it, the travel of the axle will be directly in line with the shocks in the most efficient movement.
Ok I see. Using 'rate' threw me for a loop.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Looking good. Them are some long shocks so you shouldn't have any problem with them limiting flex. As for the shock hoops, they shipped already and you should have them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
not sure if I should mount the upper bushing parallel to the lower one or 90* to it."
I do believe you want them parallel, to allow the mount to roll with the axle movement.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
Finaly gettin close to getting the hoops mounted. Alot of quality time with a 10tpi and a sawzall to notch the dom and cut out the reinforcements. No more steering box wobbling around! 1/4" plate on both sides. I used a longer piece of tubing from the bumper mount for the steering box sleeve closest to the shock tube so I could get it as far forward as possible. Shock hoops are 8 degrees.

I can't believe how much this 2X8 1/4" warped when I cut it!

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Not sure.... but if your modded frame weighs 410lbs... then I'd have to say a stocker is about 30-35lbs.
:laughing: ~ well he is going to a 440 right... he's got the power to push it. God help him if it stalls out before getting to the gas station ~ but isn't that the case with any of us.

121 - 140 of 317 Posts